DA:Inquisition - Game of the Year @ Polygon

aries100

SasqWatch
Polygon has awarded Dragon Age: Inquisition their 2014 Game of The Year Award.

A good video game accompanies you, even when you are far away from whatever device you're using to play it. It creates a fictional ambience, a perfume that floats around you for weeks on end. Dragon Age: Inquisition is one such game. It is an alternative dreamscape of power, treachery, combat, exploration, magic and love. It is a sufficiently convincing universe of otherness that consumed my time when I was playing, and my attention when I was not.
More information.

ok. it is a good game. is it game of the decade? century? no. it uses some tired elements of asscreed and mordor which are not innovative. is it well put together, and content overload? yes. and thanks.

Is it just me or all these "serious" sites didn't play anything except ESO, Titanfall, Destiny, Shadows of Mordor and DA3 this year?

Just started playing DA:I not to long ago and having fun so far, but is it the game of the year? Well dunno cause the only games that I played that was released in 2014 was DA:I and ESO,so my vote would go for DA:I. :)

Well I only played Blackguards, and Rollers of the Realm, and DA:I, so I don't feel qualified to vote. If I played Wasteland 2, DD:OS, and Lords of Xulima then maybe I could judge. But there will always be unplayed games it seems nowadays, so how can one possibly be thorough?

It probably is best overall in AAA industry. For PC? Not even close.

well you could beginning by stating just that; that you didn't play a whole lot of games and are actually in no position to declare anything game of the year...

Thrasher but you played what you could, not only you don't have time for everything, face the fact you can't afford to buy everything - that includes all Train Simulator DLC that came out this year and is worth hundreds of $.

Those critics sites, assuming they are professionals in ther job, should have all games on their disposal and play more than just a few. IMO.

Default settings were high. 1st play got a CTD and 2nd gave me a BSoD (Threading error as one core timed out awaiting a response from a thread in another core - probably due to inadequately tested post-release patching to try to make more use of multiple CPU's).
Having to play it on low settings and still getting several CTD's a day.

It's a pretty and good game. But GotY? GotY would not be released when it clearly wasn't ready just so it could get GotY.

D:OS is GotY for me. DA:I is console port of the year.

I love these news-bits as the same members constantly repeat themselves. I see no reason why the game can't be Game of the Year. It's just not mine this year.

Now if Wasteland 2 & Divine Divinity wasn't released it would be different story.:)

It's called a generalization and is a lot easier than listing the various names. I can give you a clue as they are usually from a place that uses the name codex.:p

I love these news-bits as the same members constantly repeat themselves. I see no reason why the game can't be Game of the Year. It's just not mine this year.

I agree, it could be someones game of the year, but it's not mine and I'm not sure if you read the article, but it doesn't sound like it's his either. Other than the title of course.:)

Maybe it's just me but he sounds very lukewarm about the game. It definitely doesn't sound like he's talking about a game he thinks is game of the year, but maybe i'm just reading it wrong.:S

My main complaint is the combat, I'm just not finding it fun or engaging. People keep saying it's the PC controls, but I've tried it with controller and it plays the same so I can't see how it's any better on the consoles.

It was a pretty lacklustre year.... I reckon it's the best of the AAA bunch (D:OS maybe is a better RPG, but story/lore wise? not even close).

When BIOware released alpha game play for the masses it looked real good, combat mechanics, camera angles and deciding choices was decent. But when the final retail version was released these things drastically changed or are gone. The Crestwood story has no deciding choices like the alpha version showed.... real disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoB1vM0paqs DA3 Alpha game play,

Back
Top Bottom