Outcast Reboot HD

Finally! A chance for a legendary game to get its well deserved HD Remake!

Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd

Shall we support it? :)

Not played the original but sounds very good from reviews, particularly the open gameplay and non-linearity.

However, I think that the starting pledge of $20 is a bit high for a HD re-make. Having said that, they are re-designing and implementing the whole thing on a new engine, so the cost might be justified. Will wait and see.

I'm in!

Still not sure why did they put the play an hour to get headache facebook VR gadget as goal more important than the new world, but okay.

I think I'll support it. I actually owned the original Outcast, but never completed it for some reason, which is a shame as I've heard a lot of good things about it.

How can I not pledge? I finished it back in the day...

Heh, still remember the introductory movie stuttering, barely moving forward, and then my game crashing to desktop. So I had to call some sort of obscure number, reached a helpdesk and explain my problem to some guy, after which they mailed me a small patch.... Welcome to the 90's. :)

Makes me feel bad for modders who do the same thing for free and not 600,000.

I will agree that modders have done some amazing work for free.

To me, it kinda reminds me of Baldur's Gate EE except people are paying ahead of time for an updated version thru Kickstarter. For twenty bucks(lowest pledge that gives you a copy of the game) it is kind of an amazing deal and hopefully they will make enough to reach some of those stretch goals and enough interest to do a sequel. Seeing how they have completely redone Cutter's character was enough for me but they are adding quests and an area among many other goals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom