Deus Ex Revision mod

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor
I just wanted to inform you guys about an upcoming deus ex mod called REVISION. Release date is may 12:th 2014. So be sure to reserve some time from your schedule for an other deus ex1 replay because this mod is going to rock. :) They are almost ready and are just now putting final touches here and there. Plus doing extensive testing.

Check out the media material such as videos and screenshot from their site or moddb. :)

http://www.dx-revision.com/website/
http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-revision

Let me quote the faq from their site:

What is Revision?

The Revision project overhauls the environments and soundtrack of the 2000 video game Deus Ex, developed by Ion Storm and published by Eidos Interactive (now Square Enix). Where other projects fill in detail around the edges of the game by tuning gameplay mechanics or improving textures, we focus on the visceral core of the experience, bringing new level design, aesthetic direction and world-building detail.

Will Revision include other mod projects such as HDTP and New Vision?

We will be packaging New Vision texture assets and HDTP high-detail 3D models with Revision. Additionally, we include Shifter and BioMod as selectable gameplay options, improved UI scaling and visuals, and Chris Dohnal’s Direct3D 9 renderer. While we aren’t directly altering the game engine, we design our environments to get as much out of it as we can.

What if I want to enjoy the new levels with the original soundtrack?

You can! The soundtrack will be optional.

When will the full version of the mod be released?

Our release date is May 12th, 2014.

How big is the full version going to be?

Around 4.5 GB to install and 1.8 GB to download.

Will the storyline be changed from the original game or will the mod feature new conversations?

The storyline will remain the same; we do not add new conversations.

The visual quality of the screenshots looks different from the normal game. What mods are you using to achieve that?

We are using Deus Ex: New Vision and Project HDTP in our screenshots.

What mods will Revision be compatible with?

See the Useful Links page for more detail. In short: Revision is compatible with HDTP, New Vision, Shifter (via installer option) and most other DeusEx.u mods. Revision is not compatible with mods that use non-vanilla maps, like TNM, Redsun 2020 or ZODIAC, as it will not overlap with the content of these projects.

The Compatibility Documentation for the current version of Revision DEMO can be found in the Download Page

Lastly few samples of their work:

scr_T_Paris_Everett.1.jpg

scr_T_Gas1-1024x710.jpg

scr_T_OceanLab-1024x646.jpg

DeusEx_2008-06-17_01-26-23-18.jpg

samplesmockup.jpg

RevMj122.jpg

scr_T_USAFx51.jpg

Cathedral_5.jpg

Revision_Ocean_Lab_UC.jpg

Last edited:
Will I use this mod when I replay first DX?
toofar.gif

IonStorn/Eidos...
Forget DX, bring Anachronox overhaul mod or remake!

I remember playing a beta version of the mod. I'm glad they finally finished it.

I'll definitely be giving this a try. The original Deus Ex is still the best of the series imo.

Not sure about having a new soundtrack though. I think the original music fits the game perfectly. I'll check out the new tunes, but I doubt I'll use them for a playthrough.

Sweet. Will be a good reason to replay. It might make me feel better about wasting/dropping money on the newer cover based DX.

Back
Top Bottom