Gothic 3 Kill Nefarius The Water Mage

Westnecker

Watcher
Why can't i kill Nefarius? My reputation with the Hashishin at the moment is 71, and I need another 4 to gain access to Ishtar. Hopefully killing Nefarius will give me those points. A walkthrough suggests that i may have to cheat in order to kill him.
I have a vista operating system that won't allow me to cheat. I've tried changing the Ini. file, but it just won't let me. So what do I do now? Should I just go Kamikazi an kill everyone in Ishtar?
Please help!

What do you mean you can't kill Nefarius?
Is he in god-mode or you just can't find him.
Try running G3 as admin in vista and type "Marvin" really fast to enable the console?
And the most important thing: Which patch do you use?

I found him just fine, but when i led him out of sight of the camp and tried to kill him, my sword just goes right through him and nothing happens. I've tried the marvin cheat before and although i get it to appear nothing happens when i type in a code and try to enter it. I think the patch i used was 1.6.

Well you should have patch 1.72 but I guess you're too far into the game to restart.
Have you tried the code "kill" on another NPC?

When i type in "Marvin" and get the activated message, then i hit the ~ key and type "kill" I still get nothing. I've been at this game for months now and have run into a lot of problems. It's been very frustrating. I've deceided to go into every town and just kill everything and everybody and then put the game away for a long earned rest.

When i type in "Marvin" and get the activated message, then i hit the ~ key and type "kill" I still get nothing. I've been at this game for months now and have run into a lot of problems. It's been very frustrating. I've deceided to go into every town and just kill everything and everybody and then put the game away for a long earned rest.
Or you could/should install Community Patch 1.72 which really makes the game better,you could try a different approach just to keep it fresh.
You just can't imagine how good 1.72 is compared to 1.6

It is nefarious to kill Nefarius.

Back
Top Bottom