TES Morrowind VS Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls: Other games and info
When I last replayed Daggerfall in 2004, it was on an old PII (300MHz) machine/w Win 98. No DOSbox involved. I installed the official 20 MB patch that came with my copy of the game and encountered no error apart from the usual bugs (holes in floors etc., nothing that couldn't be remedied by pressing an F key).
The computer suicided after I finished the game, but I finished it (once again).

When I last replayed Daggerfall in 2004, it was on an old PII (300MHz) machine/w Win 98. No DOSbox involved. I installed the official 20 MB patch that came with my copy of the game and encountered no error apart from the usual bugs (holes in floors etc., nothing that couldn't be remedied by pressing an F key).
The computer suicided after I finished the game, but I finished it (once again).

That sounds great! You absolutely need a new oldie pc though :D

I heard that it shall run fine from within the box called "DOS". ;)

Anyway, you could take a look at the DOSBOX supported games to find it out, and/or into the forums.

I have recently resurrected my favorite old DOS PC, a HP Omnibook 800CT (it had been on loan to help with a local high school robotics team I had been working with). I have cool stuff like the Ultimate Wizardry Archives, Might & Magic Millennium Collection, etc on there ... need to get Daggerfall on there as well ...

No emulators for me - will not touch them. I want the real thing.

I have recently resurrected my favorite old DOS PC, a HP Omnibook 800CT (it had been on loan to help with a local high school robotics team I had been working with). I have cool stuff like the Ultimate Wizardry Archives, Might & Magic Millennium Collection, etc on there ... need to get Daggerfall on there as well ...

That's great. That's pretty much what I have going on as well!

That sounds great! You absolutely need a new oldie pc though :D
True. I'm stuck in my second replay of Battlespire since the old old machine burned (savegames are stashed away on the server, though, so no problems there), and my new old machine (i.e., the current rig) is still too new to run Battlespire.

No emulators for me - will not touch them. I want the real thing.
I have no issue with DOSBox, I just want the game to work!
That's great. That's pretty much what I have going on as well!
The HP Omnibooks were such great engineering ... like my beloved HP200LX organizer. It is why they were an 'instant buy' for me for so many years ...
omni800.jpg

Thanks for the link to Lora's CRPG Reviews purpleblob. Good read! She is quite hilarious at times but her reviews of Witcher and Black & White are especially entertaining :)

She does indeed!

Back
Top Bottom