Eschalon: Book I - Review @ Macworld

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In a blast from the past, Macworld has reviewed the first Eschalon game for a score of 3.5/5:
In fact, almost every interaction you have with the game is based on dice rolls. It’s extraordinarily non-linear in that respect, which is great for RPG players that just want to explore without feeling pressured to follow specific storylines or plots. The downside is that the game doesn’t necessarily play down to your level early on, so it’s possible – in fact, it’s very easy – to wander off into areas where there are higher-level monsters that will kill you almost immediately. This gets frustrating, so it takes some trial-and-error to find areas in the game you’re well equipped and experienced enough to handle.
More information.

The reason the reviewer has a problem with the game as quoted above was one of its main features in my mind!

Of course I don't like anyone to ever play down to my level, it is insulting! Through struggle one reaches real improvement. Babying just leads to babies.

Maybe the reviewer should stay away from rpgs ? (and my lawn :shakefist:)

wow i'm not reading that guy again-first of non-linear is the name of the game. second, eschalon I is ways better than ii and he gave it less.

Back
Top Bottom