Overfall - New Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Pera Games has launched an interesting new Kickstarter: Overfall.

Overfall

A fantasy roleplaying game of rough diplomacy and tough action. Explore, negotiate, and fight your way across the high seas!

Sail the seas. Turn the tide. Save the world.

Explore the shifting seas of a strange realm. Fend off starvation. Fight terrible foes…or befriend them. Recruit lost souls and learn their histories. Recover lost artifacts and rediscover lost knowledge. Take part in stories of the absurd and the tragic, the magical and the mundane - intimate, epic, and never the same twice.

Ready to embark?

Core-Features:

• A huge, dynamic world to explore, ruled by a number of races in constant conflict - it’s up to you to help or betray them
  • Challenging and addictive turn-based combat - careful strategy and cunning skill combinations are the key to victory against your foes!
  • Permanent hero death, procedural world generation, and high replay inspired by classic roguelikes

• Interactive story encounters where the choices you make and the allies you recruit ensure no two journeys are quite the same
  • Unlock new classes, weapons, trinkets and skills as you progress in the game
  • Beautiful hand-drawn art of of 9 player characters, 36 combat companions, 80+ enemies, 80+ NPCs, and 100+ locations
[...]
More information.

Sailing and turn based combat - I'm interested...

Intriguing. Nice art. Combat looks complex.. enough...

Early bird discounts are gone. Oh well, guess they went from $7 out of me to $0. When will crowdfunded projects finally learn that these limited early rewards just discourage people who come along later that didn't happen to know about the project early enough?

Early bird discounts are gone. Oh well, guess they went from $7 out of me to $0. When will crowdfunded projects finally learn that these limited early rewards just discourage people who come along later that didn't happen to know about the project early enough?

Hey Branthog - you are right, what's done is done - but we are learning!

We have just added another Weekend Special - for 300 more LAZY BIRDS! :)

HiddenX thanks for the post and it is great to hear you are interested! Thanks as well mbpopolano24!

Last edited:
Just backed, looks promising. Good Luck Cibram with the KS.

- luckbased the most important feature random generator roguelike
- stretch plan to make it phonegame (as if it's not already)

Other than that, great presentation and superb pledge levels!
Sadly... I'll save my cash for other nonroguelikes/nonphonegames.

- luckbased the most important feature random generator roguelike
- stretch plan to make it phonegame (as if it's not already)

Other than that, great presentation and superb pledge levels!
Sadly… I'll save my cash for other nonroguelikes/nonphonegames.

Ouch!! I really do not believe it is possible to make Overfall a "phonegame" :) That stretch goal is to port a Tablet version only - don't believe we go lower than 1024x768.

Thanks for your feedback on presentation! ;)

@forgottenlor - thanks for your wishes as well!

Ouch!! I really do not believe it is possible to make Overfall a "phonegame" :)
But it is. :)
SoC development is still not on it's peak.

Anyway, don't mind me, I just noted what I don't like so I can check when it's released why I didn't back it.
Many of others here adore roguelikes so I bet your campaign will be a success.

You should really consider making multiplayer to that game somehow. I know its very hard and challenging compared to single player action. I'm huge fan of FTL, Banner Saga and Darkest Dugeon, so im in! Art style remind me Dont Starve by the way. This game will be big shot for tablet devices. I dont think you can convert it to mobile. Or you really need to think about something again and redesign..

Also its good to see developer contacting here =) Good luck with campaign.

<- Treasure Hunter!

Backed instantly after seeing the video.
Now have to read what it's all about ;)

Yeah, I never play perma-death, can't save everywhere games, but unbelievably, there is still a tiny, tiny market for these.

It looks pretty cool. Count me in as a new backer. :)

I must compliment you, cibram, for the Kickstarter campaign presentation. You've certainly done your homework: great presentation, plenty of text info on game content/mechanics, gameplay footage, no exclusive in-game content locked behind huge amounts of $, Steam and DRM free options, it's a very well thought out campaign, especially for a small team.

Backed instantly after seeing the video.
Now have to read what it's all about ;)

Thanks a lot my lord!! Welcome aboard! Hahaha my colleague was just saying "ISN'T THIS VIDEO AMAZING!" he still keep watching it lol

Yeah, I never play perma-death, can't save everywhere games, but unbelievably, there is still a tiny, tiny market for these.

Valar Morghulis!!! :p

You should really consider making multiplayer to that game somehow. I know its very hard and challenging compared to single player action. I'm huge fan of FTL, Banner Saga and Darkest Dugeon, so im in! Art style remind me Dont Starve by the way. This game will be big shot for tablet devices. I dont think you can convert it to mobile. Or you really need to think about something again and redesign..

Also its good to see developer contacting here =) Good luck with campaign.

<- Treasure Hunter!

THANKS Michael you are great!

It looks pretty cool. Count me in as a new backer. :)

I must compliment you, cibram, for the Kickstarter campaign presentation. You've certainly done your homework: great presentation, plenty of text info on game content/mechanics, gameplay footage, no exclusive in-game content locked behind huge amounts of $, Steam and DRM free options, it's a very well thought out campaign, especially for a small team.

Thank you so much for the compliments! Such a huge motivation for me to read such things - worked a lot on that Kickstarter page literally. Glad most people visiting are understanding the game and purpose of the campaign. Still learning a lot of things right now, it is really great to hear everyone's thought and learn from them!

Missed the $7 EB but got the $8 wave. Don't listen to the others, it's not a phone game and you don't need to add multiplayer, keep on with your vision :)

Insta-pledge for me. ;)

Looks nice even though characters models a bit too cue for my taste. Also not a fan of random generated world each time you load up the game. Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom