G4TV, yay or nay?

Defiler

Traveler
I admit. I watch the darn channel even though at times it descends into such juvenile humor that I feel embarassed. It used to be Tech TV and focused a lot on games and general "tech" stuff. Now it's just turned into a few gaming shows and a lot of re-runs of syndicated garbage. I heard that the company that owns G4TV(Comcast I think..) is doing away with it. At this point I have mixed feelings. It will be sad to see the last remaining gaming shows go away but on the other hand I kind of knew it was coming the way they loaded the channel with such gems as Fast Lane, The Jamie Kennedy Experiment(which I can get at least a few chuckles from), and the Man Show. Oh well, I guess now that broadband is the rule there will hopefully be some gaming shows on the net that are funny and informative that will take the place of what G4TV used to be.

Sorry, I've never heard of it. Must be just a US thing!!

Sorry, I've never heard of it. Must be just a US thing!!

Yeah, it is just a US thing.

I enjoy Attack of the Show and X-Play, but everything else is pretty boring to me. G4TV was much better back in the day. :-/

I heard that the company that owns G4TV(Comcast I think..) is doing away with it. .
I'm not much of a fan (missed the glory days, I hear), but it is *not* going away. They consolidated management, so it is now part of the same division as E!. But the channel and programming committments remain ... at least as of last week, but things change ...

When they moved Star Trek, The Man Show and anything not video game related to prime time, I stopped watching. X-Play was pretty entertaining though.

I used to love it when it was TechTV. The show Screen Savers was one of my favorites. I also enjoyed the game review show Extended Play (before it turned lame and changed to X-Play). Robot wars are great fun to watch, too. It's always a shame when they take something beautiful and turn it into something ugly. Anyway, I don't have much time for watching television nowadays so I don't think about it much.

Back
Top Bottom