Original Sin - Release Day

Sure is a pretty game. Runs smooth as glass. Nice music and voices.

Is there a quick way to exit from loot able containers, other than clicking the X?

I know it's a minor issue, but it's sort of annoying clicking vase after empty vase and having to click "close" every dang time.

The space bar "loots all." The space bar also closes an empty container. The ESC key closes a container without taking anything.

I sure would like a key to switch between characters without clicking their portraits. Am I missing that somewhere?

Edit: Ah, overlooked it. The bracket keys. Don't like that. Remapped to Z and X. :)

Last edited:
I've been playing since the Steam/Kickstarter deal got fixed. So far it's been pretty much like the beta. The voice acting is mostly nice but the voices repeat as often as the text was displaying back when there was no voice. THAT gets quite annoying in towns. You can easily spend five minutes chit chatting with somebody and, all the while, some NPC will be saying the same thing every 30 seconds while you're trying to read. It will test your focus quite strongly.

Overall it's really good stuff, though. Playing two different characters at the same time is pretty fun! I've got a "good'ole boy" archer/mage that's mostly just doing this source hunter thing as a way to see the world and an air/water mage who's a good person but has gone pretty cold because her family was killed by some source-related power that I haven't really define... <ahem> that she's keeping a secret. She just ran into somebody driven mad by revenge, though, so she's going to be a bit shaken up now.

When they come into conflict, a little game of rock/paper/scissors pops up. Click the buttons until one of them wins. If I *really* want a certain outcome then I can just push space and have the leader win but I've only done that twice so far. Most of the time I let the chips fall where they may. I've found it to be pretty fun when I don't know which option my party is going to take!

C'mon, man. You don't like turning into a rock with legs? I though that it was pretty funny. :)
Perhaps if it was a cardboard box? ;)

Perhaps if it was a cardboard box? ;)

...or one of those ubiquitous RPG wooden crates....

I'm not far into it, but I'm enjoying it more than I have any game in a while. Nice job, Larian. It looks really good so far. (But, yes, I do find the background NPCs talking over each other while I'm reading distracting.) And nice of you guys to give The Watch and others a nod on a splash screen.

C'mon, man. You don't like turning into a rock with legs? I though that it was pretty funny. :)

It would have been funny as a one time thing in a cutscene or something. As the actual sneaking animation - it's in poor taste.

I know they're just trying to be lighthearted, but that's too much for me. Then again, I've never been a fan of their humor.

I'm not really looking for comedy when I'm trying to lose myself in an RPG. Certainly not one with so many neat things as this one seems to have.

FYI: I've downloaded and played the GOG version at 1AM CEST today. So (at least for me) it works fine.

You turn into a rock with legs when you sneak? That sounds like something from The Sims - funny for kids and asians, but usually not to anyone else. So this is heavier on the humor than DD? Too busy with Baldur's Gate 2 to try yet + waiting for obvious patches.

You turn into a rock with legs when you sneak?
Oh no. :( We've seen this in some trailer but I hoped that it was some unique quest or something. Being are a rock or bush with legs regularly when sneaking is really crap.

That's what I was sceptical about when I said:
I'm just a little sceptical about the game's humor. You have a living chest saying "Off I go! Zip, Zap, weeee!" or party members being disguised as bush or boulder. Hope they don't overdo here.

I’ve made the mistake of asking a Steam alpha key when the game first launch on early access, but then decided not to play it (because I didn’t want to spoil the fun). I prefered gog.com for full release. But as you all know they decided to change the system. Now I have a steam key for the full version and still can’t obtain my gog key. Damn. If I knew I didn’t ask that damn alpha key. :(

FYI: I've downloaded and played the GOG version at 1AM CEST today. So (at least for me) it works fine.

I envy you. :) You must be one of those lucky ones who didn't want that damn alpha steam keys.

Combat has had a major overhaul since I played the early beta release. Some of the fights up in the forest are a real handful now. I just wish the combat went bit little faster, some of the fights really drag out.

I envy you. :) You must be one of those lucky ones who didn't want that damn alpha steam keys.
Right… haven't touched D:OS even once before yesterday.

A question: Is there actually a way to play as a single character, where the second one is more or less a regular companion?

I want to play as a guy (Roderick) with a female companion (Scarlett). Upon starting character creation Scarlett is on the left (I) and Roderick on the right (II). Is the some way to switch them? Does it matter at all which is left and right as long I set the AI accordingly? So I get some advantages if I just retain their names (perhaps by having NPCs saying their names in voice overs)?

Congrats to Larian on the release of this awesome little gem of a game :) . Can't wait for my physical CE to get here (already got the digital version on Steam ofc). I think I'll wait for a few more patches before really getting into it but from all I've seen (watched just about every single KS/backer vid) this is destined to become one of the most fun gaming experiences ever.

I just learned that AI personalities didn't make it into the final release.

You only have 3 AI options for your companion which are:
  • Loyal (companion always has the same opinion as you)
  • Random (opinion is random for each dialog)
  • No AI (you chose the opinion/dialog option yourself)
For me that's s show stopper… I'll wait until they patch the personalities in.

Morrandir cmon!
Enhanced AI is the material for game replay. In the first run just pick "No AI" so you can mess around. ;)

But if you're always playing new games on "nightmare" difficulty… I guess it's okay to wait.

Usually I don't replay games. I only do it when I forgot about the plot some years later or to refresh my memories for an upcoming sequel's playthrough.

So I just want to have the best experience possible on my first playthrough. And I'm not desperate yet as I just started my first Witcher 2 replay. So I can easily wait a few weeks. ;)

Last edited:
As someone who extensively played the beta, I'd say it's a great idea to wait for patches. There were dozens of fixes in each of the last beta patches and those really weren't tested. Also, anthing past Cyseal hasn't been tested much at all. People who get into the latter parts of the game are likely to get a bugfest.

P.S. Do not miss out on the game though. None of the bugs have been game breaking but a few have made certain quests impossible to finish, etc.

Last edited:
As someone who extensively played the beta, I'd say it's a great idea to wait for patches. There were dozens of fixes in each of the last beta patches and those really weren't tested. Also, anthing past Cyseal hasn't been tested much at all. People who get into the latter parts of the game are likely to get a bugfest.

If the released game is still buggy, so what was the purpose of early access 'fans feedback' and 'bug fixing' business again?

The early access version only covered the first 1/3 of the game. As they were adding and changing features just a couple days before release, there is zero chance the game was ever tested in its complete form. Also, the game isn't finished. There are several promised features that haven't even made into the game at all. Day/night and schedules were dropped altogether.

Another tidbit. The whole game is rougly the size of DKS, minus all the dragon-related stuff. This is a much smaller game, maybe a third smaller than DKS, but what I've seen has been decent. Not award-winning, but good.

Back
Top Bottom