Final Fantasy VII - HD Remake Announced

I'm talking about the HD version of the original FF7 being ported to PS4, not the remake.

I'm sticking with the piles of cash approach ... they likely originally planned for a 1+ year separation for better fanboy milking - but will still likely have many people lining up to buy the same over-rated game two more times ... :)

This was the common reaction by many children of the 90s …

I was thinking about replaying it sometime soon but guess I'll hold on until the remake hits.
Also love those geek reactions, part of me wish I could become that silly happy too.

I was thinking about replaying it sometime soon but guess I'll hold on until the remake hits.
Also love those geek reactions, part of me wish I could become that silly happy too.

I think it's their job to overreact :)

Well, there are a lot of people who have been dreaming about it for so many yeas, so I can understand their reaction..... but yes they are overreacting of course and it is their job :p

I think it's their job to overreact :)

I think they're overreacting, but not on purpose, they're genuinely passionate about that game, as they probably played it when they were kids, and nostalgia + crowd synergy does that for sure. I'm sure some soccer fans would act similarly if their team announced they're hiring, I don't know, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo or something, they would be jumping in joy and hugging everyone around them.

I think they're overreacting, but not on purpose, they're genuinely passionate about that game, as they probably played it when they were kids, and nostalgia + crowd synergy does that for sure.

I watch a lot of GameTrailers' stuff and they've got some incredibly genuine, passionate people there like Huber and Bosman. It is one of the few gaming sites with relatable, nice guys who are just like a friend in real life. I highly recommend watching GameTrailers' coverage of events and stuff because its just fun to see super-passionate people react like this.

But anyway, madness that they are remaking FF7. I loved FF7…when I was a teenager. But the actual story…kind of wacky and juvenile. Plus I don't think I can handle the spoilers in that game again. I hated their dumb decision all those years ago, for those who know what I mean.

Plus I hated the insane new-age nonsense the story became at the end. I'd love this remake to actually rewrite the story into something not stupid and nonsensical (the English translation was so childish). And let that one character live this time…the game was WAY more boring with that character gone.

Last edited:
I think they're overreacting, but not on purpose, they're genuinely passionate about that game, as they probably played it when they were kids, and nostalgia + crowd synergy does that for sure. I'm sure some soccer fans would act similarly if their team announced they're hiring, I don't know, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo or something, they would be jumping in joy and hugging everyone around them.

We're all free to believe what we want :)

Personally, I think they're in a position where not being excited would be a big problem.

I watch a lot of GameTrailers' stuff and they've got some incredibly genuine, passionate people there like Huber and Bosman. It is one of the few gaming sites with relatable, nice guys who are just like a friend in real life. I highly recommend watching GameTrailers' coverage of events and stuff because its just fun to see super-passionate people react like this.

But anyway, madness that they are remaking FF7. I loved FF7…when I was a teenager. But the actual story…kind of wacky and juvenile. Plus I don't think I can handle the spoilers in that game again. I hated their dumb decision all those years ago, for those who know what I mean.

Plus I hated the insane new-age nonsense the story became at the end. I'd love this remake to actually rewrite the story into something not stupid and nonsensical (the English translation was so childish). And let that one character live this time…the game was WAY more boring with that character gone.

You should probably put that in spolier tags even if you didn't mention the name of the character and:

Of course they can't change the story to let her live… that was one of the biggest moments in gaming at the time… a main character like that could die? but she even had a complete skill set…. what a shock it was to everyone!

Spoilers .... FF7? Seriously? Ok, just don't tell anyone Darth Vader is really Luke's father ...

Spoilers …. FF7? Seriously? Ok, just don't tell anyone Darth Vader is really Luke's father …

Well, I'm considering if this remake is worth playing - and I don't enjoy having the only part of the game that's supposedly good spoiled.

Well, I'm considering if this remake is worth playing - and I don't enjoy having the only part of the game that's supposedly good spoiled.

Sounds like you've heard a lot of wrong information. FF7 has tons of awesome stuff and epic moments. The event I was speaking of is dumb (do you even Phoenix Down, bro?!) and not a highlight of the game. Basically FF7's story is a nonsensical mess, even by FF standards. But the world, characters, and sub-quest-style events are amazing. I'm doing you a favor by lowering your expectations regarding the story. Plus, in 2020 when the game comes out you'll forget we even had this conversation. :)

Last edited:
I loved FF7 at the time...I have tried to play it again but the graphics are just too bad to stand, and I can handle most games graphics.

Back
Top Bottom