Might & Magic X - First Week of Early Access & New Dev Chat

Of all RPGs I played, I guess the one with the worst respawns is Sacred, isn't funny to go through an area fighting a lot of enemies and return few minutes later with almost all of them already respawned…

Yepp. Especially those spider-web-throwing goblins. I could run/ride away from most enemies when I went up in levels, but those goblins stopped me even at significantly higher levels. So I had to fight them even if I, due to the level difference, didn't get any rewards/xp from them.

pibbur who might want to respawn himself within the next 10-20-30-40 years.

I don't mind respawning in priciple. I think it's great to be almost dead and heading back to town loaded down with loot, then get ambushed out of nowhere. I do have a problem with a level 20 party of six getting ambushed by a lone goblin peasant. Then it's a big nuisance.

As long as the respawn works like in the Might & Magic games then I don't mind. I'm not really against respawning but since it is Might & Magic I would rather have it like Might & Magic. Either have the respawn be between 6 months and 2 years like in MM6 or based on nests like in 3 - 5.

As long as the respawn works like in the Might & Magic games then I don't mind. I'm not really against respawning but since it is Might & Magic I would rather have it like Might & Magic. Either have the respawn be between 6 months and 2 years like in MM6 or based on nests like in 3 - 5.

The nest respawn is a positive in my opinion. Especially if they make the occasional one harder to get to (i.e. need mountain climbing/pathfinding/etc to get to it).

Having the nest mechanic make a comeback is probably the most efficient, logical idea of all.
I like to think bigger, but I've always been a dreamer:
When I was still in the industry I'd occasionally make the suggestion to have "intelligent" respawns in games. I don't think anyone's created this yet, but perhaps it has indeed already been done: when an area has more or less been cleared, its nest killed, etc., have a table of NPCs (both hostile and non-hostile) that would naturally be attracted to this newly-tamed area, based upon survival preferences (i.e., a lich lord may have been envying a crypt you've cleared for some time and has decided to make it his new home). It could become as complex as you'd have the budget to do: frontiersmen, dragon dens, infestations, relatively peaceful meadows with good game hunting, garrisons, evolving and living settlements, etc. Build the system that they aren't just random annoyances, but actual well-designed areas -with scripted and intelligent NPCs, merchants, quests, hideouts, monster pits…the works- that are appropriate to their environment. There could even be battles for said territory between rivaling factions. Perhaps a whole game system could be built around this, while keeping it an RPG and not a sim. It could keep the budget in line by not having to create these massive worlds; just have a world that is alive, adaptable, custom designed, and dynamic. The problem with even the biggest world is that once you've made it safe, it's as sterile as a hospital, even if you dump a few respawns into the mix.
That's just a little idea I've had for a while. I'm sure there are better ones: there is much room for improvement in this area!

I have a few questions :

- Is it too late for this "Early Access" or is it still possible to get it ?
- How do I get it ? (I had thought of it as an "Open Beta", but seemingly my impression was wrong.)
- The Ubisoft store only lists a downloadable version as "Early Access" - can I get a boxed version then, too ? Or would I have to buy that later ?
- Is the code I have on my Games Com Disquette only for the "Early access" or for the full game, too ?
- Is there a log of the Developers chat ?

No-one able to answer my questions ?

@Alrik

- Is it too late for this "Early Access" or is it still possible to get it ?

You can get it until the final release

- How do I get it ? (I had thought of it as an "Open Beta", but seemingly my impression was wrong.)

Ubisoft Store 30€: MM 6 + MM X (early access) + soundtrack + MM X boxed version

- The Ubisoft store only lists a downloadable version as "Early Access" - can I get a boxed version then, too ? Or would I have to buy that later ?

You get MM 6 + MM X (early access) + soundtrack as download -> the boxed version will be send to you early 2014

- Is the code I have on my Games Com Disquette only for the "Early access" or for the full game, too ?

??? -> maybe a Steam key ?

- Is there a log of the Developers chat ?

Yep - at the Codex :)

I think early access is on steam as well.

Hmm, I just hope they limit the respawning. There's never been fast respawning in M&M as far as I can remember. It's always timed, like at the start of a new in-game year or some such thing. Too frequent respawning, such as on every re-entering of a zone, would actually be quite a big drawback for me. I like being able to carve a path between point A and B in M&M games so I get relatively quick access to stores and what not.

Thank you very much ! :)

Hmm, I just hope they limit the respawning. There's never been fast respawning in M&M as far as I can remember. It's always timed, like at the start of a new in-game year or some such thing. Too frequent respawning, such as on every re-entering of a zone, would actually be quite a big drawback for me. I like being able to carve a path between point A and B in M&M games so I get relatively quick access to stores and what not.
I think that's their plan, at least for now. The devs have said there will be respawn, but I experienced none during my twice-as-long-as-necessary run thru the "demo".

Back
Top Bottom