South Park - New VGAs Footage

That was pretty funny. The gameplay looked like a real South Park episode. Cool stuff.

Still not interested. I love the cartoon but not the game.

I'm not really crazy about south park humor (mostly the potty humor) but this looks better than I expected. Since production is so simple, I really expect the content value to be so much higher. That is not a lot of repetition (unless they are mocking it) and lots of variation in fights and enemies and quality story in general. It will have to have a lot of rave reviews and if that holds up I might even consider buying it.

Ugh… I despise how MTVish the VGAs have become.

That said… the footage of The Stick of Truth was great, and I'm definitely intrigued by what Obsidian has shown so far. I don't see it going very far as a serious RPG, but it looks like an entertaining game nonetheless.

Still can't really understand which part of that was gameplay, which trailer and which cutscenes but at least an Obsidian game is getting real primetime. It'll be probably one of the few games I'll have to check the Let's Play vids to understand what the heck is it like.

The idea that the whole game is a LARP by kids in South Park is pretty interesting and RPGy. But the game itself kinda looks lame. I doubt it's gonna be anything great. Just something fanatical SP fans might enjoy.

Ugh… I despise how MTVish the VGAs have become.
Unfortunately, it's becoming a general belief that gamers are shallow and socially awkward people and for a good reason too. I mean you look at most of the trailers and footage publishers and devs use for promoting their game, they are full of explosions and badass characters doing super cool stuff and saying super cool one liners with super cool voice. You look at most of the gaming events and they are filled with cosplayers and booth babes. Main point of discussion for popular Bioware games is about the romance and how a certain character looks hot. (Hard to believe the are official articles written about this stuff.) The whole online gaming culture ( especially for MMOs ) doesn't help either. So no wonder why VGAs have become so MTVish.

Being a fanatical SP fan i'm sure i will enjoy this.

Yes the whole MTV spectacle thing is crazy, but today everyone's a gamer. It's not really meant to appeal to the "hardcore gamer" who are, in comparison, not that many. It's easy to forget when you're on forums like this, people on rpgwatch represents a very small percentage..

Back
Top Bottom