Witcher 3 - Delayed (again) to May 2015

Well a delay is definitely preferable to a "rushed release".
If it released today there would still be no danger of that. How many delays is this now??

(Though I have a hunch Joxer's post has something to do with it, too. We've got a big RPG right now with DA:I and there are some big hitters on deck {Elite: Dangerous, Batman} so they might be thinking they need to let players' wallets recover a bit.)

Edit to answer my own question…

It looks like this is just the second delay. However, they stated there would be no further delays when they did the first delay. N00bs.

Last edited:
Really? Did TW2 pull a Risen and make the first chapter really long? Because I *think* I spent quite some time in the prologue and Flotsam… it's been a while. :)

Well, I don't remember the length of the individual locations either but according to the stats I spent 37 hours total with the game. I'm a very thorough completionist-type player and in The Witcher 2 I definitely stopped more than once just marveling at the scenery. With a bit more focus than me, it should be easy to finish in 25 - 30 hours max.
Reminiscing, I do have a feeling that Flotsam might have been the longest part. Then the second location about the same and the finale was a bit shorter possibly.
Not really "pulling a Risen" though because the story and quests actually continue until the end instead of just turning into a lizard killing spree :biggrin: .

TBH I have so many games bought and plan to buy, this news feels like balm for a wound.
I mean… I'm on Xulima now, and then Raven's Cry will be out. Wasteland 2 I haven't even touched. Valentine's Day? Yea, if I find time for Grimrock 2 before that, it'll be a miracle. Or Age of Decadence. etc.

Anyway, patch/polish reasons are always great to hear. As long as they're not, like Bioware, using the delay to add bloody multiplayer.

Considering Inquisition started life as a MP game... I don't think their delays were to tack on MP.

Looking at this from a positive angle, at least I'll have my new video card before it's released. I'm planning on getting a GTX 980 Ti which wouldn't be available yet if TW3 got released in February.

Nice! Now I can finish The Witcher 2 before the new game comes out. (What!? I get distracted. :p)

Hahahaha! Me too! And maybe Divinity Original Sin and Wasteland 2 and a bunch of other games too...

Eh I don't care as long as it's as good as I hope it to be when it comes out I'm good :D
(Well unless it turns into Duke Witchem Forever)

Noooooooo… :mourn:

Disappointing, but I'll echo the rest of you in that I'd rather have a good release than a rushed one. You better make this one heck of a game, CDPR. :)

The fact is that they will not have completed it because they will release an extended edition one year after to milk the product further.

I wish they would take even more time and not do this double dipping.

It's true they give it to existing customers for free and offer a lot of content but if they wanted to offer a complete experience once they very well could. It almost feels like early adopters end up being beta testers and they would have to replay the whole game again to experience it as it was meant to be played.

Milking? How is it milking if they're giving it for free?
I'm sorry, but what game nowadays does not need extra patches? You think they deliberately hold back content and then release it one year later… for free? I for one am happy they keep supporting their game and are willing to invest in an enhanced edition. For free.

Complainers are gonna complain. :p

This is good news for pillars of eternity as they can release the game without needing to compete with TW3.

The fact is that they will not have completed it because they will release an extended edition one year after to milk the product further.

I wish they would take even more time and not do this double dipping.

It's true they give it to existing customers for free and offer a lot of content but if they wanted to offer a complete experience once they very well could. It almost feels like early adopters end up being beta testers and they would have to replay the whole game again to experience it as it was meant to be played.

You make it sounds as though one has to pay for the EE even if they own the original game....

HHR, how much did EA pay you? :p

Floppy disc became Hard drives.

Hard drives got bigger.

Ram got cheaper.

The ARPAnet became the internet of sorts.

Gaming companies got lazier.

Code use to be have so tight, games had to be perfect. There was no just wait for a patch after all (the people that bought the game) game testers a week after all the bugs were reported.

Take as long as you need, there is no Rush for this game.

Last edited:
I am disappointed, because I had wanted it to be published earlier in the year, and then by summer time they would have issued patches to fix the most critical flaws. I was planning on playing the game in the summer. Damn.

I'm hoping to play the EE next winter. That would be nice. Summer time is only for "light gaming" anyway :) .

I bet there will be no EE this time.
With the delay they can put all 16 "DLC" on day one basis, patch fast what wasn't noticed during betatest and then fully move to Cyberpunk.
Or the Dandelion game, god I wish it wasn't aprilfools. :(

Back
Top Bottom