Two Worlds II - NA Delayed to 2011

Dhruin

SasqWatch
New yesterday that Southpeak has delayed the North American version of Two Worlds II January 2011. The confirmation originally came via Facebook and Two Worlds Vault has an interesting statement that clearly implies a delay for quality reasons:
There have been numerous posts recently regarding the release date of Two Worlds II. First of all, it’s gratifying to see that so many people care so much about the game and we thank you for your enthusiasm and passion. It’s definitely a game that we’re proud to publish; Reality Pump is on the verge of delivering a benchmark RPG experience.

Here’s the vital news: Two Worlds II is set for a January release in North America. We understand that this is not great news for those of you eager for an October release and we can understand that you might feel that our European cousins’ potentially getting the game before you is frustrating to say the least. However, there’s a reason for everything and although we feel that the game is truly at ‘AAA’ level, that reason is that we want Two Worlds II to be absolutely flawless when it launches in the North American market. Although we could bring the game to market earlier in order to take advantage of the holiday buying season, we felt that we would do a better service to you by making sure that the game you want is absolutely as it should be.

It’s vital to us that we always give you the best possible information and this is the reason that we haven’t commented on the date before now; we did not want to say something to you, only to have that information change once again. Now, we are in a position to confirm the January release date.

As previously stated, in order to keep communication channels clear, we removed all earlier posts on this subject. Again, this was to prevent confusing rumors from spreading. For example, some people had stated that friends working at retailers have seen the game ‘in the back room’. This is completely untrue since manufacturing has not yet started.

For those that have said that they will torrent or import the game because they simply cannot wait, there’s nothing that we can do to stop you. However, please remember that by pirating the game, you are hurting those who worked hard to make the game for you, reducing the chance of another game in the future. By importing the game, you’re paying more money for something that if you can wait, you’ll be able to buy in January at a cheaper price and that will have benefitted from heavyweight Quality Assurance (QA) for the North American market.

We’ll have a further update for our friends in the UK, Australia and New Zealand in the near future.

We sincerely thank you for your understanding, patience and continued support.

Sincerely, The SouthPeak Team
The implications for the EU version are interesting, [as is the term "pirating" for imports - edited from front page].
Thanks to Propheet, VoxClamant and numerous forum posters and apologies for the late update on this.

More information.

Last edited:
This still makes the monkey sad…
picture.php

By importing the game, you’re paying more money for something that if you can wait, you’ll be able to buy in January at a cheaper price and that will have benefitted from heavyweight Quality Assurance (QA) for the North American market.

A curious statement, to say the least….

A curious statement, to say the least….

Indeed. I don't see why they care whether I import the game or not — they get paid either way. The only reason I can see for concern would be if they expected a substantial quality difference between the European and American versions, and they think imports of the European version would generate negative word-of-mouth in the American market. If that's the case, though, I think they're out of luck — reviews will cross the pond even if copies of the game by some miracle do not. And it wouldn't say good things about the product the Europeans will be playing, either.

Isn't it a translation issue? Namely, that the English translation isn't done yet? Isn't the UK also going to get it in January?

And Dhruin: yes, this is very awkward, but they don't really use the term "pirating" for imports. In that paragraph, they are speaking about two things: torrenting and importing (see the first sentence). In the second sentence, they talk about torrenting, using the word "pirating" for it. In the third one, they talk about importing, using the word "importing". As much as I don't like the wording of the news, you can't really say these people claim that folks who import their games are pirates.

Yes, in hindsight the third sentence does clarify; I've changed it on the front page. Importing has no business being sandwiched between two piracy comments.

As for the translation, I don't know - but that seems unlikely to me. They surely would be aware if the translation wasn't done and wouldn't have been saying Oct 5th in interviews only 2-3 weeks ago, plus they wouldn't be doing the US mall tour — they would have saved that for closer to release. Even GameStar.de videos we saw months ago were actually in English.

Indeed. I don't see why they care whether I import the game or not — they get paid either way. The only reason I can see for concern would be if they expected a substantial quality difference between the European and American versions, and they think imports of the European version would generate negative word-of-mouth in the American market. If that's the case, though, I think they're out of luck — reviews will cross the pond even if copies of the game by some miracle do not. And it wouldn't say good things about the product the Europeans will be playing, either.

Actually they don't get paid either way. This announcement is from Southpeak, which is just one of the publishers for Two Worlds II. If you buy the game from another publisher, such as Zuxxez, then they lose out on your money. The developers will get your money either way.

It's always "for quality reasons," just like how politicians always seem to quit "for personal family reasons." Often times it really is the reason but, when it isn't, they use that as the reason anyway. SouthPeak isn't going to say "We think Fallout:NV is going to eat all our sales in the USA/Canada so we're waiting for January" and the politician isn't going to say "Everybody I'm supposed to work with hates my guts so I can't do my job, might as well leave."

Ah well. Whatever the reason, the October choice is down to ArcadiA and Fallout:NV now.

Edit: Well well - it seems the Devs aren't too happy about the go-to excuse: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6280012.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=topstory&tag=topstory;more

Last edited:
Edit: Well well - it seems the Devs aren't too happy about the go-to excuse: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6280012.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=topstory&tag=topstory;more

Nice find, it looks like that article just came out. Pretty much exactly what all of us expected to hear. The developers couldn't (and rightfully so) just sit by and let their game be called unfinished when its simply not true. Also, Europeans were starting to feel like they were going to pay for a beta test, so something had to be said. I am on the fence with importing this one myself. I will likely wait on some initial reviews unless I fall into some unexpected extra funds to spend on the import. I'd really like to avoid Southpeak after this though...

Nice find, it looks like that article just came out. Pretty much exactly what all of us expected to hear. The developers couldn't (and rightfully so) just sit by and let their game be called unfinished when its simply not true. Also, Europeans were starting to feel like they were going to pay for a beta test, so something had to be said. I am on the fence with importing this one myself. I will likely wait on some initial reviews unless I fall into some unexpected extra funds to spend on the import. I'd really like to avoid Southpeak after this though…

I'd like to avoid them as well just for principle. I suppose Southpeak feels they could get away with lying to the NA fans thinking most being young and naive. What a stupid move, effectively damaging the image of Two Worlds 2 for the European market by making it look like they would be getting a lesser game simply because their release is THREE months earlier! Now the cats out of the bag, I feel they should reconsider.
By the way, how exactly would you import it? Whats a good site for me to check out?

I think the crowded schedule makes some sense but I also think it's a bit early to boycott Southpeak for lying to naive fans. Are you sure you aren't being naive? It's not like you can look to the release of TW1 for the reassurance of a perfect launch. We'll have to wait for Euro reviews to find out and I'm going to see what they say before I commit my money either way.

By the way, how exactly would you import it? Whats a good site for me to check out?

I've heard of people importing from Amazon.de so far. I don't believe you can import the Xbox version due to regional restrictions, but I have heard PS3 will work and PC games are always region free. I believe with delivery the standard version for PC will run close to $70 delivered. This is the reason I am reluctant. If the game is phenomenal then I'd be willing to pay that price though.

I'm proceeding cautiously, and am not placing my order yet. If things look good in October though, I am willing to pay to get the game early and to avoid Southpeak.

I've heard of people importing from Amazon.de so far. I don't believe you can import the Xbox version due to regional restrictions, but I have heard PS3 will work and PC games are always region free. I believe with delivery the standard version for PC will run close to $70 delivered. This is the reason I am reluctant. If the game is phenomenal then I'd be willing to pay that price though.

I'm proceeding cautiously, and am not placing my order yet. If things look good in October though, I am willing to pay to get the game early and to avoid Southpeak.

Hey Kardio - I did some research and this looks like a pretty decent source. Here is the link: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-...+worlds+2.html

English Version PC game + $16.40 for FedEx to ship it to my door in 2-4 days! Total comes to about $71. I can live with that. Not bad considering I won't have to wait another three months!

Hey Kardio - I did some research and this looks like a pretty decent source. Here is the link: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-…+worlds+2.html

English Version PC game + $16.40 for FedEx to ship it to my door in 2-4 days! Total comes to about $71. I can live with that. Not bad considering I won't have to wait another three months!

A few posts on the Zuxxez forum indicated that Play Asia's page displays the Southpeak cover art. There were some concerns that they may actually be selling the delayed version and not the Zuxxez European version. If you can confirm that is the European version first, I'd say it's probably a good deal. I've not purchased from them but a few others said they had a good experience with them in the past.

Actually they don't get paid either way. This announcement is from Southpeak, which is just one of the publishers for Two Worlds II. If you buy the game from another publisher, such as Zuxxez, then they lose out on your money. The developers will get your money either way.

Zuxxez is not one of the other publishers. Zuxxez funded the whole thing. They own the developer.

For those that have said that they will torrent or import the game because they simply cannot wait, there’s nothing that we can do to stop you. However, please remember that by pirating the game, you are hurting those who worked hard to make the game for you, reducing the chance of another game in the future. By importing the game, you’re paying more money for something that if you can wait, you’ll be able to buy in January at a cheaper price and that will have benefitted from heavyweight Quality Assurance (QA) for the North American market.

These guys are like politicians. By using pirate and import in the same paragraph they are hoping the mind makes a link that importing is equivalent to pirating. Its easy to see why some got tripped up by this. OTH, I like what one poster pointer out that the import version is handled by one company and the NA version is handled by another (Southpeak). So clearly if we North Americans purchase the import version, we are taking money away from Southpeak.

Well, Southpeak, you made this bed now sleep in it. 2Worlds2 was the game I was most looking forward to this year, it was also coming out first(before Arcania and Fallout). But now . . . It normally take me about 2 to 3 months to finish a normal RPG (I don't replay but I usually explore the whole map and complete most of the quests). So I at the earliest I will get to 2worlds2 in February. However after 2 long term RPGs I usually take a break from RPGs by playing an adventure game or 2 and maybe a couple casual games). Thus, If I do wait for the game, It probably won't be bought and played until late spring.

Ah Southpeak, it looks like you outsmarted yourself.

Ah Southpeak, it looks like you outsmarted yourself.[/QUOTE]

lol - they certainly made fools of themselves. Outright lying to the customers and getting caught... I only see one way to redeem themselves, and that would be to keep to the NA release date of October 5th. Which actually is a decent date to kick things off anyway. Why wait to after the holiday season? Get it in now, weeks before the other titles and available for Christmas.

A few posts on the Zuxxez forum indicated that Play Asia's page displays the Southpeak cover art. There were some concerns that they may actually be selling the delayed version and not the Zuxxez European version. If you can confirm that is the European version first, I'd say it's probably a good deal. I've not purchased from them but a few others said they had a good experience with them in the past.

you are right, I decided to go with the PC Royal Edition and got it off the Amazon.de site. Its a multilingual version. Overall, not a bad deal. It comes out to about $87.

Subtotal : EUR 50.41
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 14.00
——-
Total: EUR 64.41
——-
Total: EUR 64.41

I'll get it between Oct 29 - Nov 4th

Back
Top Bottom