Anyone else had any luck contacting bethesda or interplay?

Modder_Prosper

Watchdog
before i contacted bethesda i sent a business partnership offer to interplay. never received a phone call back. well i did receive a call from a number in irvine, california but they didn't even leave a message and never called again.

also when i did a google maps check or some bull, it apparently was from a prison or in a resturaunt.

as for bethesda, i sent both my job application to them about 2 months ago and called management to ask about a kickstarter project but for new vegas multiplayer. when they failed to call me back, i decided against multiplayer fo3/new vegas anything for good.

i wonder how much people know about me behind the scenes. are they familiar with the good or bad parts of my work? once i submit to Obsidian i will give them a month. if no answer i will try NCsoft and finally blizzard.

life's hard yo.

You should just totally start your own game company. It's not hard, just download Unity and you can click and drag most of your game. Oh, and also learn some Blender. It's easy.

Game companies will often openly advertise what type of people they need, you just need to visit their sites and check if they need anyone, and then send in an application.

Of course, the larger the game company, the more people will send in their applications. Don't aim for the top right away, get some experience in the field, work for some smaller studios. Chances are that a company like Blizzard already have all the people they need.

And what exactly was it that you said that you had to offer. Good code monkeys are always needed, but there seem to be too many artists & sound designers out there (I have two friends who works with graphical design in video games, so I have some insight into that particular field, well technically speaking one is a freelancer and the other is between jobs).

So I get out from a forum and into another, only to be once again tormented by one of its ghosts - The dreaded Prosper!
FFS, why he ins't banned here?

what kind of 'business partnership' was it?

You should just totally start your own game company. It's not hard, just download Unity and you can click and drag most of your game. Oh, and also learn some Blender. It's easy.

Isn't Unity majorly oriented to develop browserbased games?

Your post reads as if you believe it would be a privilege for anyone to work with you... Unless you're on Forbes' list of billionaires and command attention, which I doubt, I hope your <whatever> proposal did not come across the same way. I treat such people as a bullshitting hack.

Isn't Unity majorly oriented to develop browserbased games?

Yes, but you could totally run Skyrim-like games in a mobile browser if it was made with Unity. Easy too, you just select the open-world template and mix-and-match a few things like whether to include dragon units, snow areas and mountains, and generate some terrain with the auto-generator and then press the Play button. I'm surprised not more people are millionairs creating games with this. Bethesda totally digs experience with Unity as one of the most important learned skills for hardcore game development.

Its funny how everyone is treating a troll post respectfully, like he's serious. Then again, maybe that's the correct way to deal w/ them...

Its funny how everyone is treating a troll post respectfully, like he's serious. Then again, maybe that's the correct way to deal w/ them…
It's our way, Sammy. We even have fun with spam posts sometimes.

I think we're showing a pretty blatant disregard for the troll, but it's the subtle kind of blatant ;)

Subtly blatant, I like that.

pibbur who thinks it would be even better if we immediately (well, at least sooner than usual) and subtly started talking about something completely different.

I contact people from Bethesda all the time. There's a bunch of great folks working for that company, and if your question is polite and they're not swamped, you'll always get an answer. Of course, I'm not looking for a job. They couldn't afford me :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom