Gothic 3 How to tell my version number of Gothic 3

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I picked up the U.S. retail box 'Gothic Universe' which contains Gothic 1, Gothic 2 (plus the NotR expansion) and Gothic 3.

I can see the version number for Gothic 1 and 2 whenever I'm in the game's menu.

But apparently the version number for Gothic 3 is a big secret. Does anyone know what version of Gothic 3 you get with the U.S. Retail box 'Gothic Universe' or how I can find out?

I don't know how you can see the version number, but you can always install the last community patch 1.6 -> contains the last stuff and I'm sure not one community patch is installed now.

You can right-click the exe and check the file infos.

The Community patch is necessary. The international Universe Edition had a copy protection problem which prevented it from starting on many PCs. Install the latest and try if the game runs stable and fast enough. If not go back one version.

You can right-click the exe and check the file infos.

Ok when i right-click on the file Gothic3.exe and look at the 'Details' tab it reads, 'Product Version 1.12.26364.'

Does anyone know if version 1.12.26364 is the most current 'official' version of Gothic 3?

Ok when i right-click on the file Gothic3.exe and look at the 'Details' tab it reads, 'Product Version 1.12.26364.'

Does anyone know if version 1.12.26364 is the most current 'official' version of Gothic 3?
I think it is but it doesn't really matter. The 1.6 patch is a combo of community and developer content and should be considered official IMO.

The community patches are official. The two latest both have their advantages and disadvantages.

The community patches are official. The two latest both have their advantages and disadvantages.

According to Gamespot there are 3 'community' patches available:

First Community Patch:
Gothic 3 Unofficial Community Patch v1.5
Size: 25.3MB Posted: Oct 26, 2007

Second Community Patch:
Gothic 3 v1.12 to v1.6 Incremental Patch
Size: 29.5MB Posted: Feb 7, 2008

Third Community Patch:
Gothic 3 v1.6 Patch
Size: 71.1MB Posted: Feb 7, 2008

I have version 1.12 of Gothic 3 installed on my machine now. So I'm guessing I can just install the second community patch 'gothic 3 v1.12 to v1.6 Incremental Patch' and I'm done.

However, I can't find any information that states if the v1.5 patch content is included with the v1.6 patch content. Usually that is the case but can anyone here verify? Or do I NOT install community patch v1.5?

Also, as a side question, what happened to community patch version 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4? Or did they ever exist. Bleh this patch situation for G3 is a mess...

Patch Source

Last edited:
As far as I know, patch 1.6 was the last proffesional patch (1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 were community patches) and should contain everything needed, even if your Gothic is just recently installed.

1.6 changed technical things in the background and added another couple 100 small improvements.

It´s not complicated at all. As I already said, install the latest and try if the game runs stable and fast enough. If not go back one version.

Or wait for the final community patch. 1.7 will come out later this year. Then it´s over.

The second thing you spoke about, is when you applied all the previous community patches. (1.5.5 not included -> was only to remove the copy protection and not a real patch) The one you want is the full and thus the third option.

I appreciate everyone's help here. My CD Retail version of Gothic 3 is 1.12. I've installed the 1.6 Patch on top of it and I'm good to go. I look forward to seeing what v1.7 may bring. Again thank you.

Back
Top Bottom