Krater - Now Released on Steam

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Fatshark's post-apoc, party-based hack'n'slasher Krater is now officially available on Steam for a modest $14.99:

KRATER OUT ON STEAM TODAY
STOCKHOLM, Sweden. June 12, 2012. Fatshark today announced that their adventure role-playing game KRATER is available on Steam for PC Computers. Mac version will be available in July.

“We are very excited about inviting gamers to the world of KRATER, and experience the post-apocalyptic Sweden.” says Martin Wahlund, CEO and Executive Producer, Fatshark. “In KRATER death and injuries actually mean something. We want to bring back the feeling of being scared of dying from old school RPG’s.”

KRATER is a lush post-apocalyptic top down RPG and the base pillars are crafting, exploration and consequence. Consequence brings not only the ability for the characters to level up and improve themselves, but also permanent injuries and death.

KRATER’s Steam page; http://store.steampowered.com/app/42170/
To get the latest info on all Fatshark activities; follow us www.twitter.com/fatsharkgames, like us www.facebook.com/fatsharkgames, contact us press@fatshark.se, or visit us www.fatshark.se.
More information.

tried it. Boring as hell. 20 minute game .. but thats just me. Probably Coop is fun, but overall the npcs seem cloned. I find that nothing has any personality.

tried it. Boring as hell. 20 minute game .. but thats just me. Probably Coop is fun, but overall the npcs seem cloned. I find that nothing has any personality.

I actually feel the exact opposite on this one and find the game very fun to play. Provides a little challenge later on and the setting is nice and fresh. I've also been playing since pre-alpha. To each their own, but this is a fun game in my opinion.

Is this primarily a Hack'n Slasher or does it also have extensive NPC interaction and non-combat roleplaying?

It's basically a party-based hack n slasher. With 4 different styles of playable characters where you can recruit new party members whenever you'd like. No role-playing, just looting, crafting, party-based combat. NPC interation for questing, and buying.

I don't need complex interaction, just complex NPCs. of course both would be awesome.
Also party based real time, doesn't really let you be very tactical .. AI not being bright might be masked by this exact thing

Last edited:
It's basically a party-based hack n slasher. With 4 different styles of playable characters where you can recruit new party members whenever you'd like. No role-playing, just looting, crafting, party-based combat. NPC interation for questing, and buying.

OK, thanks for the info. I guess this game is not for me then.

Guess they didn't listen to requests for pausable real time. Still interested, but that much less so.

We are looking into the pause thing but we had to focus on stability.

There are actually a lot of NPC interactions in the game. A lot that have consequence on what rewards you get and you could also get people to join your team. The first 30 mins is pretty linear to learn players the basic stuff.

I'm liking it, so far. The pause would be a great help, but it's not an essential thing, imo. It would just make it more like a turn-based game, which I prefer. Other than that, it's easy to get into and fun.

-Carn

I played the Beta for awhile and thought it was decent. The difficulty was a bit uneven, but it seemed solid enough. Fans of the Dungeon Siege games should like it.

Nice little game fun and I love the graphics.Fun pastime but I have problem with frame rate going under 20 fps on some closed locations(I have good configuration that runs skyrim on highest settings)and fps doesn't change when I lower details to low(normaly on extreme settings).Well I am going to wait for patch when you play RPGs and strategies you get used to games being initially bugy I guess.If we ignore that little problem that will undoubtedly get patched soon I am very satisfied with what I got for it's price.

We are looking into the pause thing but we had to focus on stability.

There are actually a lot of NPC interactions in the game. A lot that have consequence on what rewards you get and you could also get people to join your team. The first 30 mins is pretty linear to learn players the basic stuff.

That would be great I will keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom