Bethesda - Elder Scrolls Anthology Announced

People who only played one of them and enjoyed it but didn't bother getting whole series until now? :p

I'm with GBG.

This is a cash-grab - most likely invented by the investors still having a hard-on because Skyrim sold 10+ million copies.

I'm with GBG.

This is a cash-grab - most likely invented by the investors still having a hard-on because Skyrim sold 10+ million copies.

The worst thing is that something in me actually wants this...

Does this mean they already have a version of Daggerfall that doesn't require that damn DOS emulator?

No it uses DosBox. They say in the article " The Anthology features the original version of Daggerfall and will launch within a DOS emulator." but the DaggerXL is not too far away

I still prefer boxed games. But I already own the boxed version of all TES related games so I pass on this.

Actually I would be tempted if I'd lost my boxed copies of Daggerfall etc. but I haven't, so I'm not.

But I think this is more fan service than money grabbing - no-one but fans would be interested in the older games these days.

Welcome back Garret - glad you are still around :)

Have to agree, I don't really understand the target audience here. Not enough extras for people who already own the games. Not really tempting to someone like me who's only played one game and didn't really get into it. Only people I could see buying it are people who have played 1 or 2 in the series, enjoyed it, but don't own the rest for some odd reason.

Maybe it's their Christmas SKU.

80 dollar "Fan service" with cheap paper maps.

That was a good one, thanks ;)

You can never have enough money (as a developer/ publisher)

But I think this is more fan service than money grabbing - no-one but fans would be interested in the older games these days.

It was fan service when they put Arena and Daggerfall for free on their website, complete with installation instructions. The fans have been serviced alright, fanx

It's been a long time since I last saw a DVD for a game. The picture looked to me like something out of the 90s.

Interesting.
Are they also planning Fallout anthology? No?
How about patches anthology then? Now that would definetly go on quite a few DVDs.

I did too for a minute. :)

A couple of years ago, this would have been a "must buy" for me. Nowadays it takes a lot more than some paper maps for me to purchase a physical game.

One thing I can thank steam for, it has made me far stingier and far more discerning when it comes to paying extra for swag.

Back
Top Bottom