Dragon Commander - Delayed, GOG Preorders Get Master of Magic for Free

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Divinity Dragon Commander is being delayed to August. GOG is giving people who have pre-ordered the game a free copy of Master of Magic to apologize.
Divinity: Dragon Commander adds in gift for all who pre-order the game on GOG.com, delays release to 6 August 2013

DRM-FREE DIGITAL DISTRIBUTOR MAKES THE WAIT FOR DRAGON COMMANDER EASIER, ADDS THE TIMELESS CLASSIC MASTER OF MAGIC TO ALL PRE-ORDERS

(12 June 2013) -- Dragons with jetpacks are still coming to GOG.com, it's just that the jetpacks need a few more tweaks. Larian Studios, the developers of the highly-anticipated Divinity: Dragon Commander , currently available for pre-order on GOG.com, have moved their release date for the game to 6 August 2013. To make the wait easier, GOG.com will provide all the gamers who have already pre-ordered Dragon Commander--and everyone who preorders the game from here on out--with a fitting gift: a timeless classic, Master of Magic , added in for free! The similarity between these two titles may not seem all that apparent--especially since Master of Magic is nearly 20 years older than Divinity: Dragon Commander, but both games have an incredible blend of strategy, roleplaying, and tactical gameplay.

Originally released in 1994, Master of Magic has introduced many innovative elements to strategy and roleplay gaming, in fact, one can find traces of some of the creative genre mash-ups from Master of Magic in Dragon Commander itself. Additionally, for total customer satisfaction, each and every retail box of Divinity: Dragon Commander will come with a free digital backup on GOG.com.

By pre-ordering Dragon Commander on GOG.com not only can you take 5$ off of the retail price and get it for just 39.99$, you also receive the acclaimed Master of Magic for free!
More information.

It's good that the kickstarter for D:OS has allowed Larian to finish their games, rather than have to rush them out of the door unfinished in order to pay the bills. I imagine that the two games will share some development resources though, so this will probably push D:OS back a bit as well. Not really expecting to see that this year.

It's the first time ever that I get a free game for a delayed pre-order.

:)

Yeah, that's good. Master of Magic was already on my gog wishlist.

Seeing as I pledged for Dragon Commander on the Kickstarter I'm a little peeved they didn't send out an update to let us know. Good job you guys are on the ball!

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom