Venetica - German Demo [update]

I have played the demo for a little while now. Interesting plot, great story, great dialouge, fairly easy to find out where you need to go. However, you can't do a manual save (regular save) it seems? Very annoying since you have to watch a sequence over and over over again, especially if you die (and you will eventually).

Hit the spoiler button, if you want to see the source of my troubles:

At one point you'll need to find a will (testament) for two brothers in a house in the forest. After you've found the will and you've went to see the two brothers, the game makes an autosave after you come out of the house. After chatting with both brothers, I needed to go back to blacksmith in the village to give him a poking thing he needed for the fire in the blacksmith's fire. Three or four assasins were waiting for me. And I died a lot. Now, that may be because I don't know to fight yet, but it is indeed very annoying not being able to make a regular save. This means that the only save I have in the demo is the autosave the game makes after I've found the forest. As said. very annoying.

The short version of this is that if you die, you have to go back to an auto-save from long before you died. Very annoying, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Yes, there must be a way to save normally. The full version had standard saves and auto-saves, just no quicksave. Quicksave is announced for the next patch.

-heh-

After I wrote about the not being able to safe regularly in Venetica, I could. Someone up there in gaming heaven must be good to me :)

I'm now well into mt second or third hour of this game; it is just so great that I completely forgot that I only wanted to play for 15 minutes or so.

Oh, and I figured out to do combat, too :)

I found it very cool. I felt the combat was fairly easy, but maybe after player Risen, which I found VERY hard in combat I was kinda trained. ;)

It seems to have a really good story and no fetch 20 of X RPG quests, but really good story tasks. The beginning was a bit odd, but I soon found the game nice and entertaining. Will definitely buy!

Well I downloaded it (despite my german being practically nonexistent) to gauge
performance at least (very bad in relation to the gfx btw, I hope the patch can improve
on it…).

I will certainly suffer through it though since this seems to be a very entertaining game…

I really like the Art Direction otoh (not as cute and cartoony as I feared, I would call
it more heavily stylized and colorful ;) )

Edit: Should read newsbits more carefully :blush:

Sounds good guys. I hope they get an English version publisher soon.

I didn't find combat easy in the full version. Combos and rolling backwards and to the sides was necessary, and even lowly creatures could hurt you.

I've read the demo is already v1.02. So it should include the 2nd patch.

I finished the demo. Very nice and good game. A must buy (when I have some more money, that is). My only complaint is that the demo is way to short and ends just when the game gets interesting e.g. with a cliffhanger.

The demo showed that it is possible to make a game in which there no fed ex quests, I agree. Most (or all of the) quests in the demo have been connected to the storyline and plot. Even if the game seems fairly easy it should be noted that it is not. Just because you can jump right in and play the game does not mean the game is (too) easy; challenging and fun at the same, it seems, can be achieved.

I, too, was worried that this game would be way too cartoony. It is not. It has a vibrant, stylistic colurful, living world, with believable characters and some good, and yes, sometimes great dialogue that'll surprise you. Characters will say things you don't expect...

Just played the Demo a bit.

Looks great, but the performance gap is far too wide. Might buy this game in 2 years or so again.

Back
Top Bottom