Top 100 Indie Games @ GameTunnel

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameTunnel is an excellent indie game site and their latest feature is a Top 100 list. It's based on games they have reviewed (a sizeable 458, apparently) so that is going to exclude some titles but it's still worth a browse. I doubt there will be much agreement with the rankings but RPGs (or RPG-ish games) covered include Mr. Robot, Geneforge 3 and 4, Cute Knight, Aveyond, DROD, Fastcrawl, Minions of Mirth and Land of Legends.
More information.

As I mentioned when I started a thread about this in the off-topic section, the only thing that stood out for me as missing was Fate, a fave of my boys and I.

Tghis game has already got an award, I expect to appear on this list one day as well :
http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/

I've tried the demo of Tribal Trouble. What really impressed me with this game is that it is programmed entirely in Java ! - Or at least that's how I saw it.

Apart from that, it's a neat game, imho, at least judging from the demo.

Well, Tribal Trouble is a Torque Engine game. So it uses Torque script.

The fact that Prelude to Darkness is nowhere to be found basically invalidates the whole list.

Well I just went on a demo downloading spree! In terms of rankings, I don't know most of those games but I was surprised to see Slitherine's Gates Of Troy at #64. Surprised because I don't really see Slitherine as an indie developer and surprised because it was ranked fairly low.

yeah, I want to check out that Tribal Trouble one, and the Escape from Mexico or whatevr.

Glad that FastCrawl got some credit, great game!!

Ok, Mr. Robot is awesome! That's a definite must-buy as soon as I've got some fun money kicking around.
Tribal Trouble was not bad, a basic RTS with a good dose of humour, but it's still an RTS. Mexican Motor Mafia seems decent, the controls are a bit of a pain though, I'll have to give it another try.

Played Mexican Motor Mafia some more. Technically it's a solid achievment but the controls are really difficult which made it too frustrating for me.
Plot-wise, if you've played Hard Truck Apocalypse it's basically the same thing, though with a different setting. Revenge plot, drive around doing errands, bounty hunting, fed-exing and so forth.

Combat is basically shooting at other cars, but you've got to manually aim a targeting cursor with the mouse while driving the car via the arrow keys or wasd in a top down view. For one with terrible reflexes, this pretty much kills the fun factor.

Lots of style, and with some control improvements and, ideally, a better camera angle, it could be pretty great.

The fact that Prelude to Darkness is nowhere to be found basically invalidates the whole list.

As I said, it covers games they have reviewed and that will skew the list. Personally, if it were my list, PtD probably wouldn't be on it because I simply can't run it for more than a few minutes without a crash.

Heh, understandable. The 1.8 version managed to topple Daggerfall's position as the buggiest game I have ever played. The fact that I enjoyed as much as I did despite the constant crashing almost made it more impressive.

Back
Top Bottom