Sword Coast Legends - Questions Wanted

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Alright everyone I finally got the clearance from the PR department of N-SPace to ask few questions about their recently announced RPG game Sword Coast Legends.

So I thought why not turn it into another Q&A as you guys always have good questions to ask. Now due to a limit of only ten queations only one question per a member please.

You have two days till I have to send the questions.
smiley-smile.gif

More information.

Last edited:
I got a couple in mind. You can rephrase these as you see fit.

While it was more or less confirmed in the last stream, will the main campaign be playable in co-op?

Is the toolkit powerful enough to build persistent worlds?

Is the intention to sell more assets post-release going to restrict players from adding their own custom models/skins?

NWN1 let players make items up to +20, which allowed my NWN campaign to go well beyond the level 40 cap. NWN2 changed this to +10 and I didn't even bother. Whats the maximum weapon enhancement going to be in SCL toolkit?

Will volunteer DMs be able to invade my "open" games in progress and try to get us killed? If not, I request this feature. :)

How long will be the sp campaign?
Will the campaign be linear or could we tackle stuff at different order and expect
different result?

will there be romance??? :p

Approximately how many side quests are in the game and how long will the optional content take to complete?

How many unique weapons, armor and items are in the game that can be looted from enemies?

What the levelcap for PCs will be?(hope not 10 or 12 like in Poe)

Can PvP be possible? Or friendly fire? Can spell and other scripts be edited?

How about a standalone server and the ability for (many) more characters? Also, are areas editable for the tools and how many can you have?

Is the RTwP (Real Time with Pause) feature for single player only? If not how will it work in multi-player?
Will your single player characters be available for multi-player?

Couch, did you mean submit one question per member, or as many questions as you want each and you'll pick the 10 questions from the lot?

I kinda thought it was the former.

Couch, did you mean submit one question per member, or as many questions as you want each and you'll pick the 10 questions from the lot?

I prefer one question from each member, but as I said above two is okay. If I can I will try to send them all, but its up to the PR department not me.

We have one day left now before I send the questions.:)

My questions:
1. If they don't plan to make the mechanics behind the game more similar to 5e D&D how moddable will the game be so fans themselves can turn the game into a true D&D RPG?

2. With the success of Pillars of Eternity (and other real old school KS RPGs) are they considering making SCL gameplay more classic RPG based as that would actually bring them more fans instead of the MMO market they are trying to tap into currently?

Will there be DLC and are there expansions planned?

I prefer one question from each member, but as I said above two is okay. If I can I will try to send them all, but its up to the PR department not me.

We have one day left now before I send the questions.:)

oops. sorry :)

Well thats all for now as I have Fifteen questions. I hope they answer them all.^^

Last edited:
What is the plan for how powerful the toolset will be, will it be near to the capabilities of the Aurora engine from NWN or Electron from NWN2 as far as being able to create adventure modules as well as incorporate custom levels/tiles models, creatures, items and spells?
I you can do this you have a guaranteed fandom of a couple million players who are eager for that kind of game style.

They had a Q/A stream yesterday where they barely answered any question with lots of details. Few interesting part was that there will be subraces, that HP bloat is them still trying things out and it might not stay and that cooldowns are used because they want to keep MP flow fast (and actiony) and they consider cooldowns a good tactical replacement for resting and limited slots...

Back
Top Bottom