The Witcher 2 - Patch 1.3 Released

aries100

SasqWatch
CDP Project RED has released the announced 1.3 patch. If you have forgotten it, here's the
6 first points of the patch notes again.
1.New FREE DLC – “A Sackful of Fluff” is a new quest in Chapter 2 of the game. To start the quest, visit the eccentric Elthon, who inhabits a solitary hut near the quarry outside Vergen. The quest will prove most rewarding to those who demonstrate patience.
2. Game now supports 4:3, 5:4, and 16:10 aspect ratios.
3. Item storage has been added. Players can now store items from their Inventory at inns. To leave items in storage or collect previously stored items, talk to innkeepers.
4. A ‘Junk’ panel has been added to the Inventory to provide greater clarity in item classification.
5. A new menu option has been added under ‘Extras’ – this enables players to view in-game animated sequences (flashbacks, memory flashes, dreams stolen by harpies) outside of the game.
6. A ‘Quickload’ option has been added under the F9 key.
More information.

I haven't tried it and don't know if I'll even bother after reading initial reports. The fix I was waiting for was that playing the game with 3D vision would result in low frame rates while indoors. This appears to be fixed but at the same time they messed up outdoor shadows which are rendered in 2D. I think it actually made the situation worse.

Anyone having trouble with this patch ???

Played all night yesterday, not trouble to report. Well, except for one bug where the screen went black after a dialogue, but that may not be patch related.

Back
Top Bottom