Risen 2 - Delayed till August!

Do we really have to post every link twice in this thread!? :p

No we don't but I didn't see the link a couple of post up. Just so you know I wont remove it. You cant make me.:p

At least I gave a brief summary for those who didn't click the link.:biggrin:

Well, the good thing about PB games is that you really don't need to care about their scores. Since they were never good at getting good marks anyway. I mean look at Gothic 2's meta score. It's 79. But it's my favorite game and many other people out there. So I personally never expected any high scores for Risen 2. I can even say we should start worrying if a future PB games get high marks.

Although I read IGN's review and it sounded very reasonable and fair and to my surprise, reviewer definitely knew what he was talking about. Unfortunately, according to some explanations in the review, Risen 2 is indeed a bit streamlined.

If I recall all there games got average to poor reviews. Yet I still enjoyed them. Though from what I read with the reviews and the beta I have to wonder.

Though IGN'S 6.5 doesn't surprise me Risen got the same treatment.

If I recall all there games got average to poor reviews. Yet I still enjoyed them. Though from what I read with the reviews and the beta I have to wonder.

Though IGN'S 6.5 doesn't surprise me Risen got the same treatment.

- Gothic 1 - 81% on Metacritic (IGN score = 86%)
- Gothic 2 - 79% on Metacritic (IGN score = 80%)
- Gothic 3 - 63% on Metacritic (IGN score = 49%)
- Risen - 77% on Metacritic (IGN score = 86%)

Only one IGN score, the one for Gothic 3, is below the Metacritic average. I don't think you can really say that PB are on IGN's kill list. And as we can see Risen actually got a very positive review from them.

I don't really care about the reviews I already cancelled my pre-order after playing the beta.

Will probably still get it but not at full price.

Sounds to me like maybe it's just not your type of game. It has some issues, but I love the atmosphere. The beta left me craving for more.

Only one IGN score, the one for Gothic 3, is below the Metacritic average. I don't think you can really say that PB are on IGN's kill list. And as we can see Risen actually got a very positive review from them.

WILL YOU LEAVE THE FACTS OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!11111one ;)
Sounds to me like maybe it's just not your type of game. The beta left me craving for more.

I skipped the beta, but have confidence in PB ... and also trust the opinions of people like you.

WILL YOU LEAVE THE FACTS OUT OF
THIS!!!!!!!!11111one ;)

What facts only one got a 80 or above to the industry the rest were crap. Still thanks for the facts. I was talking about all the reviews all together not just IGN.

I just love passionate fans so much don't you?:p I wish I could become unjaded but it's not possible after all these years of disappointments from the industry.

Just in case you have forgotten you need a 90 to be considered a success nowadays. Industry standards you know.:rolleyes:

Just in case you have forgotten you need a 90 to be considered a success nowadays. Industry standards you know.:rolleyes:

My joking line was about people stating how IGN had reviewed the rest of PB's games as if they were reciting facts ... and were wrong. That is all.

At the same time, it is confirmed and common knowledge that most sites with paid reviewers have deals with the big publishers whereby certain games are ensured a *minimum* 85% score.

My joking line was about people stating how IGN had reviewed the rest of PB's games as if they were reciting facts … and were wrong. That is all.

At the same time, it is confirmed and common knowledge that most sites with paid reviewers have deals with the big publishers whereby certain games are ensured a *minimum* 85% score.

I know I'm just being sarcastic. Still it is good that at least some sites have good taste. Unlike others who prefer there games like McDonald's. Generic and mass produced.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Sounds to me like maybe it's just not your type of game. It has some issues, but I love the atmosphere. The beta left me craving for more.

3rd person arpg's aren't my favorite kind of rpg. (that would be party based, with TB or RTWP combat) I have however played and enjoyed gothics 1-3 and risen.

It's not that I think the game will be bad and maybe I'm putting too much stock in the beta, but the combat was really stale. I know it wasn't any worse than their previous games but I was really hoping for a move forward in that area.

I just finished grimrock and have the witcher 2 and skyrim sitting unfinished.( I know skyrim's combat is also pretty stale but I have 200+ hours in and the exploration is top notch.) I just didn't see enough in risen 2 to justify buying it over just finishing these 2 and picking it up later.

Now when it gets released and if everyone here is gushing I'm not saying I won't change my mind.:)

Yeah I love using the other RPGwatchers as my pre-shopping guinea pigs too. Err, I mean I value the opinions and advice of the community.

I'd never have imagined not buying Risen 2 - but I'm actually starting to consider giving it a pass.

Back
Top Bottom