POR2 length?

Smorri

Watchdog
I'm sure somebody here will know this... I've been cleaning out the various Dungeon levels and have just gained access to the surface/city. Anyone know "roughly" what percentage of the game is left? I've cleared out 'most' of the Dungeons and I'm assuming that reaching the surface represents a certain milestone in the game.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Unfortunately, that was as far as I got in the game before I gave up in disgust. However, we do have a few regular posters here who love the game, so I'm sure one of them will be able to help you!!

Thanks Corwin. Ya, it was the long post a few months back about the game that got me into the mood for playing it. So I knew someone here would be able to help me.

I seem to remember a really long thread about POR2, and in it someone said the portion you mention is just an introduction to the majority of the game--how long in hours, I don't remember, but I think you have a way to go. You might do a search as it was discussed a lot in that thread.

I ended up buying the game at the end, but still haven't gotten around to playing it. :)

I loved getting to surface. It felt like i achieved something doing it. I don't have any exact time limits but i thinkg i wouldn't lie too much if i say its about 60%-70% done. The good part, i think is, that it is now it will be little more interesting.

Beware of the catacombs though. Still here there is bug when saving. I didn't fell into that problem.

Me, love this game and do not share Corwins and Dhruins disgust about it. :)

Great to see more players playing it. Hope you enjoy it!!

I loved getting to surface. It felt like i achieved something doing it.

Same here. It was like finally coming into the fresh air, breathing, full of light, the joy of finally seeing the world again.

Somewhere at that point I stopped.

But I do plan to finish it one day - to be finally able to get rid of it. ;)

Thanks everyone! Not expecting the final battle any time soon will ease any frustration as the game would have seemed to go on and on. The slow skeletons haven't bothered me so far as once my Cleric was strong enough I could diminish their numbers fairly fast. I too enjoy the combat strategy, but I agree the limited number of Beastie types (at least in the Dungeon) hurts the game. The good news is it sounds like the game gets better from this point. :)

It's been a long time but I remember getting through several dungeon levels and finally making it outside -- maybe 20-30 hours of gameplay as a guess? -- but stopping because it couldn't keep me interested with the clunky-slow and repetitive combat and dreary graphics.

Back
Top Bottom