Diablo 3 - BlizzCast #5 Podcast

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Blizzard has released their latest BlizzCast podcast, which includes an interview with Diablo III lead, Jay Wilson. For those that would prefer to read, Eurogamer has a summary article up:
A lot of the team is really production focused now and we're generating content for the most part; a lot of the tech and underlying engine is really solid," Wilson said.
While the art team had moved on to building the game's second act, he revealed that "most of the design team is still on Act 1 because we're refining and improving the quests and flow, and some of the big game systems that we haven't really announced yet."
There he goes again with the unannounced "big game systems". Wilson repeatedly referenced these after the game's unveiling at June's Worldwide Invitational in Paris and seems genuinely excited by them. Our bet is that they have something to do with skill trees, or runes, or both.
More information.

Sooooo... they are still working on Act 1, filling it up with content and trying to figure out the game mechanics? Damn, I thought 2010 was a pessimistic tentative release date to hope for, but now I see it's a very optmistic one. I fear we won't be seeing this game in this decade.

Back
Top Bottom