The Mandate - Update #6, Court Martials & Rewards

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new Kickstarter update for The Mandate has been posted were we get a look how court martials work, and gives more infomation on tier rewards.

Court martial is in session! Click HERE to check out the interactive Character Prologue Creator, through the Unity web pug-in. Bring a pack of smokes, they're good prison currency!

Remember to check the roadmap, as this is just the tip of the iceberg - for example we will replace the 2D concepts with fully fledged 3D character customization in a future update.

A note on reward tiers, $150 and up grant extra copies. Extra copies receive all the benefits of the Cossack Captain ($75 tier) including: season pass, alpha, beta, etc. This is our way of compensating for lack of physical rewards (these will be added after the Kickstarter campaign, and you only pay production cost + shipping). If you have two friends and you both pitch in for the $150 War Commissioner tier, you each pay $50 and get to design an officer + you get the Cossack Captain $75 benefits. Likewise, for the General of Fortification tier at $1000, you will receive a total of 12 copies and get to design multiple ships, captains, officers etc, at a price of $83 per copy. Isn’t this “gaming the system”? Yes! But this is by design, we planned for this in advance! Consider coupling up on a higher tier for better value rewards.

The reward sub-forums have launched on the forums. They will remain open to all forum users, but we will lock these down after 2nd December when we receive final lists from Kickstarter containing information on who backed and at which pledge tier.

In other news we have broken into the top 100 on Steam Greenlight, and are within the top 7% of all projects on Steam. We still need your votes, though, so please vote for us!

So what is next? Well, we don’t want to give away too much, but let’s just say that we are focusing on something that starts with “gameplay”, and ends with “videos”. Expect a host of other exciting tools and interactive demos over the coming weeks, too.
More information.

I hate the font as its nearly unreadable in some cases at least in the browser for the unity demo but was a decently interesting character creation with good flavor text for the setup of your character and their fall from grace.

I'm not seeing much interest from the group here but this is looking fairly interesting to me. The 2 demos are fairly well done for basically pre-alpha demo stuff. Anyway I'm interested in what the rest of the site thinks about this. Is it too much scope or too many genres blended so hard to pin down what the game will be like.

kicktraq has it failing with only getting 85% of funds and I agree unless they can get some interest generated in next 2 weeks or so.

The game has my interest the others well I can't speak for them. I will continue to post updates no matter what though. It's the same with the other kickstarters.

This is one kickstarter I definitely want to see made.:fingerscrossed:

It looks like they are going to make it. Remains to be known whether the collected money will be enough to carry out such a project.

I finally took a look, and I'm intrigued… Unfortunately, after dropping over $1k in KS donations this year, I can't chip in, but the game looks like something I'd buy when it's out. My concerns:

1) I'm not sure if they're going for the Starship Troopers-esque universe or if the Russian oom-pah music is just too over-the-top for the setting.

2) I'm trying to figure out why they name-dropped Firefly, Star Trek and BSG— when this really doesn't bring that vibe... at all. I can only assume they name-dropped just to name-drop, and that screams of desperation.

3) The game seems very ambitious. It's one thing working with a limited budget. It's another thing working at the United Nations with a limited budget. A competent, global project run from some guy's 2nd bedroom (er, sorry, "studio") is something I'll believe when I see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom