US Now Have A Total Gangster Government

It's international, don't worry. And I think that the US are even saner than most. When I was in africa, most people over there seemed to believe a conspiracy or another about aids. For example, how a medication was discovered by a traditional shaman in an obsure western africa village but they(©) prevented him from spreading it. That 9/11 was a jewish conspiration was a no-brainer. East-european are also pretty infected. After having been under the communist umbrella for so long seems to have made a good part of them very sceptic of about everything written in established medias but paradoxically, pretty prone to believe any conspiracy theories. As if the thruths(©) could only come from obscure unreverified sources!

I like the Illuminati angle ... playing Bloodlines and listening to Gomez calling in to 'The Deb of Night' makes me laugh ...

Since the Obama thread is no more and this is not really worthy of its own and since my interpretation of mudsling makes me think he may see this news that way: in the spirit of the thread's title if not it's topic, whatever that is at this point, some breaking news:
Senate Confirms Sotomayor 68-31

Nice disclaimers, mags.

Come to think of it, I think the P&R forum could use a bit of cleanup -- most of the longer-running threads have drifted pretty far out to sea.

I hate to admit it, but I actually favor a liberal Supreme Court as long as they don't get activist. Not a big fan of Queen Latina, but ya take what ya can get I suppose. I'd just assume the lower courts be downright fascist so we don't get too much legislating from the bench, but a liberal Supreme Court helps keep the thumpers out of my living room.

Prime J wrote:
Nice disclaimers, mags.

Come to think of it, I think the P&R forum could use a bit of cleanup -- most of the longer-running threads have drifted pretty far out to sea.
Agreed. We need some new threads. Of course, they'll no doubt undergo the same fate as the old ones but at least we'll have new opportunities for creative derailment.
I'm thinking of one called "Post your Favorite Conspiracy Theory" but haven't quite worked the bugs out yet. ;-)

Last edited:
I agree with dte, actually. Sotamayor's comments out in public have me alarmed but her record seems pretty clean, to be honest.

I hate to admit it, but I actually favor a liberal Supreme Court as long as they don't get activist. Not a big fan of Queen Latina, but ya take what ya can get I suppose. I'd just assume the lower courts be downright fascist so we don't get too much legislating from the bench, but a liberal Supreme Court helps keep the thumpers out of my living room.

That is why I always support balance - it was great in Massachusetts having a Republican Guv and Democrat legislature ...

That is why I always support balance - it was great in Massachusetts having a Republican Guv and Democrat legislature ...

Or in the 90's with a Democratic President and Republican Congress. Divided government is the best.

Or in the 90's with a Democratic President and Republican Congress. Divided government is the best.
Depends on how much you need to accomplish. St Ron wouldn't have been able to dig us out of the deep hole known as Carter had he been fighting a democrat congress the whole time. The Newt and Willie Show worked because they were more in a maintenance mode.

Depends on how much you need to accomplish. St Ron wouldn't have been able to dig us out of the deep hole known as Carter had he been fighting a democrat congress the whole time. The Newt and Willie Show worked because they were more in a maintenance mode.

Well, he had control of the Senate, not a super-majority ... but the Democrats had a *massive* hold on the House, with Tip O'Neill arguably stronger than the VP or Senate leaders ...

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090813/LOCAL07/90813029/0/NEWS

We got the thread for police brutality locked up, so I'm going to hijack this thread for it, since it seems to be the closest match. These guys (Barber and the other badge) are guys y'all should be pitchforking. This is a very good example of a cop that needs a career change, in this case following a stint of jail time. Romantic entanglements aside, Choate is the definition of an innocent victim, unlike some other folks that y'all have been giving the title to.

Not much of a discussion to be had there, methinks. It's the borderline cases that are interesting IMO.

To give you an idea of the scale of crime here, we had an incident that was all over the front pages today.

An Estonian gentleman showed up at the market to sell mushrooms from his van. (No, not magic ones, just the yellow trumpet-like ones that are in season and REALLY tasty.) He didn't have a permit, and refused to pay for one when offered one by the people in charge of seeing that everything proceeds in an orderly fashion in the market. The cops were called, and requested that he either buy the damn permit or leave. He wigged out and whupped one of them upside the head with a broom handle, causing a cut that required stitching, and a chipped tooth. Cops sat on him and locked him up, and he'll shortly be facing charges of violently resisting an officer of the law.

binary

I'm not calling "police brutality" on this one.

So, how did they get the broom handle out of his hand? Perhaps...grab his arm and knock him to the ground?

Perhaps. And that's likely to be the right way to act against a sane adult man being physically violent against cops, in my opinion.

An Estonian gentleman showed up at the market to sell mushrooms from his van. (No, not magic ones, just the yellow trumpet-like ones that are in season and REALLY tasty.) He didn't have a permit, and refused to pay for one when offered one by the people in charge of seeing that everything proceeds in an orderly fashion in the market. The cops were called, and requested that he either buy the damn permit or leave.
Hey, didn't I play that mission in Mass Effect?

So, how did they get the broom handle out of his hand? Perhaps...grab his arm and knock him to the ground?

They maced him, whacked him with a nightstick, wrestled him to the ground, and frog-marched him into the Blue Mary.

Then again, he was a burly young man who physically assaulted the officer first, not a frail old lady standing around looking confused.

Back
Top Bottom