Gothic 3 LiberatingTowns

insurancegod

Watcher
I am new to Gothic3 or the Gothic series all together. Anyways, after Reddock I do my thing and go to Cape Dun. I have earned enought rep for the Orc's in the village, Ive spoken to the Palidin. Now I have the option to Liberate the city. If I do this will this make all the Orcs hate me. And if so do I want to wait to do this until farther along in the game. Any ideas or suggestions are well appreciated!

Thanks

liberating three (3) towns held by the orcs will cause them to become hostile with you if you get within range of their leaders. the 3 does not include the one in the opening sequence. i highly recommend not liberating the 3 until much later in the game until you've explored the vast world as many quests/story will become closed to you. also if you do manage to liberate 3 orc held towns you can still keep all orcs from going hostile to you as long as stay out of the castle areas of each town, which means some quests can still be done. also killing orcs in nordmar or varant regions will have no impact on the orcs global attitude towards you as those are nearly all hostile no matter what. the same 3 thing goes with the hashishin in varant as well but there is no "freebee" liberation in that case.

Do you have the community patch installed?

The Golden Rules for the Gothic series are:

1.) Save often and in different slots.
2.) If an opponent is too strong, run away. You always meet twice.
3.) Keep all options open for as long as possible.
4.) Explore everything ... but be prepared for surprises. Mighty creatures can be hidden in seemingly harmless places.

G3 isn't a typical Gothic, btw. Gothic, G2 and Risen are much more compact and much deeper. They have far better NPCs and less generic quests. G3 is more similar to Bethesda's games. Arcania (by a different developer) is no Gothic at all.

We have a Gothic 3 Wiki here and many opened threads that may be of concern to you.
So, if you have the patience, most of your questions should be answered there.

Enjoy.

Do you have the community patch installed?

The Golden Rules for the Gothic series are:

1.) Save often and in different slots.
2.) If an opponent is too strong, run away. You always meet twice.
3.) Keep all options open for as long as possible.
4.) Explore everything … but be prepared for surprises. Mighty creatures can be hidden in seemingly harmless places.

G3 isn't a typical Gothic, btw. Gothic, G2 and Risen are much more compact and much deeper. They have far better NPCs and less generic quests. G3 is more similar to Bethesda's games. Arcania (by a different developer) is no Gothic at all.

Thanks! I do have the CP1.74 patch installed! I think once G3 is complete I will try G2 and then Risen.

Back
Top Bottom