Political and politically incorrect humor

We've just discovered (shoulda read the bill, Ms. Pelosi-ov) that Obamacare has a provision that requires employers to offer medical insurance that covers contraception. Sounds good until you consider that the Catholic Church, which officially condemns contraception, is an employer. Government is stepping on religious freedom. Obama is dancing for all he's worth to minimize the damage of this latest clusterfuck.

We've just discovered (shoulda read the bill, Ms. Pelosi-ov) that Obamacare has a provision that requires employers to offer medical insurance that covers contraception. Sounds good until you consider that the Catholic Church, which officially condemns contraception, is an employer. Government is stepping on religious freedom. Obama is dancing for all he's worth to minimize the damage of this latest clusterfuck.

Following this reducto ad absurdum almost got my head to explode. An example why "religious freedom" and "religious prohibition" are two equally impossible regulations to be upheld in a coherent system.

Hey, I'm largely with you on this one. Any time organized religion enters into the discussion, things will get silly in no time. That said, the Obamacare bill was a turd, is a turd, and will be a turd, and Barack's incredibly ham-fisted and stubborn defense of it on this particular mess (I wouldn't even wade into whether it should be a mess, but it is) has been a first class disaster.

I'd just assume keep the debate out of this thread, though. My goal for this thread was a home for political jokes and cartoons with no real discussion. Neutral ground, if you will. I didn't actually want to explain the cartoon since doing that invited debate, but I didn't feel right about leaving Alrik hanging.

Decent week from Time:

cartoons_022.jpg

cartoons_042.jpg

cartoons_052.jpg

Sounds good until you consider that the Catholic Church, which officially condemns contraception, is an employer.

LOL, they won't do it anyway, so why bother ?

Laughing out loud.

pibbur

... Already forwarded to other Star Wars Fans ... ;)

That was my favorite as well.

An extra one from Varvel, one of his "fill in the caption" contests:
022012c.jpg

Good one ! :lol:

Thats actually the first one to make me laugh out loud in this thread. Not for the political angle really but something about the worry look on Obamas face along with the brawl in the other car.

Varvel's on a hot streak (one of his made Time's list, although I didn't share it)

022312.jpg

022412.jpg

022712.jpg

A real gem from Varvel:
022812.jpg

Can someone explain the last two from 495?

#2 emphasizes the use of social media / personal communication by the rebels in Syria against overwhelming force and a media blackout from Assad.

#3 highlights that Barack was very quick to apologize profusely to Afghanistan for an "accidental" burning of a Koran (it was mixed in with trash in a burn pit), but had nothing to say on behalf of the two US troops that were murdered as "revenge" for the incident. I believe the point is that the wrong side is doing the apologizing, which has been a consistent feature of the Obama administration.

A real gem from Varvel:
022812.jpg
Ha, this supports what I said in one of the politics threads some time ago:

The Republican primaries are a game of "last Clown Standing".

It was bound to happen... Lousy week from Time:
cartoons_06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom