Fallout 3 - Preview & Interview @ NMA

What Mo meant is that Peckham is the go-to guy when a site like 1up wants to have an RPG slaughtered. His reviews often don´t leave the impression that he bothered to base his text on playing longer than a few hours.

Yeah, the Codex guys pointed me in the right direction. I remember the legendarily stupid NWN 2 review, I forgot it was this guy, though.

I don't know if he's really stupid or just pretending. It's a good way to get attention, if nothing else.

I don't know if he's really stupid or just pretending. It's a good way to get attention, if nothing else.
Matt isn't stupid, but I think he has tired with traditional RPG's and rather than (a) being objective or (b) passing on the reviews, he allows himself to speak through his butt.

Moriendor = Matt Peckham.

It's possible.

No, Mo is actually a better writer than MP. Check out some of his work from the old Dot days!! :)

Moriendor = Matt Peckham.

It's possible.

Good one... R to the O to the F to the L :biggrin:

And thanks for the flowers, Corwin, but I disagree strongly :) . Matt is a native English speaker so he is (naturally and not only because of that) miles and miles and miles above me in writing skill. But he's a pretty bad "researcher" or however you want to call it. For example, in his Gothic 3 review, he assumed that the game had already had nine patches at the time he got around to reviewing it (it was version 1.09 then). Come on. Everyone knows that devs don't always use a sequential numbering scheme for patches. He could have at least put up the effort to find out how many patches the game had really had (which was three since the day of release patch was 1.07).

There is too much stupidly opinionated journalism going around at the moment. I'm guessing it’s due to academic journalism courses. There is nothing wrong with having ones Ego intact it’s just when it's EGO! I just find it offensively bad.

Of course the real masters of the craft don't have too much to fall back on but the mastering of the language. If I critise somebody for their language skills it makes one such a superior critic, what what.

I want to thank Brother None (aka Kharn) and SuAside for going to Leipzig to Games Convention 2007 (GC 2007 or just GC) to see Fallout 3. Many have already pointed thos out, but the two of your really deserve acclaim and a :thumbsup: for writing this - ahem - preview article. It has been the most informative yet, both in its themes, how it was written (its structure) and in the questions asked to Pete
Hines. It is clear that both you? are university students, which probably also is why you were able to take notes as you good you did, I think.

The preview, as said, were one of the most informative, I've seen for a long time. It also reminded me of how preview and interviews used to be 8-10 years ago, or even just 4-5 years ago. It old the gamers exactly what to expect from the game, what they thought was good, what they thought was bad, what they liked and disliked. They tried, as I could see, to be as objective as possible, while being critical about what they saw. And that's what journalists are supposed to do - to inform the public.

Brother None's interview with Pete Hines was outstanding :clap: :thumbsup:
Brother None asked Pete H. all the correct questions, questions each fan of Fallout wanted to hear how Bethesda would answer. And I nearly got my coffee down to the wrong throat (meaning I couldn't nearly believe it) when Pete H. said that Fallout fans were 8 years behind in the development of games, basically admitting that Bethesda wants to throw out the old Fallout fans - and get some new ones, Fallout fans, that is.

Again, thank you brother none and suaside... :)

Great job you did :)

Back
Top Bottom