Serpent in the Staglands - Rewards & Paypal

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Whalenought Studios has posted the first kickstarter update for Serpent in the Staglands with news about the game rewards, Paypal, the spirit realm, and spells.

Rewards, Paypal, the Spirit Realm & Spells.

First of all, we just want to thank everyone who has backed us. We’re overwhelmed by your generosity and are really excited about your excitement. Thank you for helping us make Serpent in the Staglands a reality, we're off to a fantastic start!

A Peak Into One of the Stretch Goals

An area that we’d love to be able to add into the game but is too large for our current scope is the Spirit Realm. The dwellers of the Spirit Realm have no interest in the doings of the Staglands, except when a brave but stupid mortal descends into one of their glowing chasms that are scattered throughout the land. Once inside the chasm, adventurers can explore a wealth of tunnels and caverns filled with oversized vegetation and vicious spirits like this fellow here. Unlike humanoids, monsters all have special skills or features that require different battle tactics. For instance, this spirit’s heart explodes on death and deals an uncomfortable amount of damage. He’s also not opposed to throwing his heart and other vitals like a grenade if desperate.

New Rewards

Although we originally wanted to keep our rewards as streamlined as possible, we’ve been hearing interest for some more interesting options, so we’re adding in two new rewards:

•$20: Previous reward, plus a digital copy of Erlein's Handbook, containing detailed maps, creature compendium, advice on secrets, riddles and lock knowledge, and pertinent history of the peninsula's political history. You'll be listed in the credits as a Sailor's Guild member.

•$75: All previous rewards, plus a hardcover copy of Erlein's Handbook, containing detailed maps, creature compendium, advice on secrets, riddles and lock knowledge, and pertinent history of the peninsula's political history. Wonderfully accessible reference guide while playing, full of beautifully rendered art, sketches and journal entries from Erlein. You'll be listed in the credits as a Cartographer's Guild member.

Paypal

For those who can’t contribute via Kickstarter, we’ve set up paypal on our site with the same unlimited reward options. You can access it here: http://serpentinthestaglands.com/#preorder

More information.

This looks amazing, glad I backed it.

The graphics look really weak to me; bit concern how they will scale to moderate size monitors (like 22inch/24 inch/27 inch)
I bet its being developed on 24-27 inch monitors so it'll probably look like the developers intended.

I'll definitely buy it if it gets release but I'm done backing kickstarters.

I'm not done backing kickstarters but since I don't like this will not buy it if it gets release.

Game suffers from Smallitis Fontitis.
Is font size that important to you? It seems you mention this in every kickstarter thread.

Anyway seems the Codex is having a new fundraiser for the game. They obviously seem to have better tastes, and see something most of you don't.:p

Anyway seems the Codex is having a new fundraiser for the game. They obviously seem to have better tastes, and see something most of you don't.:p

I am not sure it is a matter of taste, but rather a matter of isometric rpg saturation.

From my point of view, I have plenty on my plate from Spiderweb games which will keep me entertained for many months, without the need to spend any extra cash.

Back
Top Bottom