Doctor Who and Red Dwarf

I remember seeing the Dr in Torchwood one time and it was a cameo at that. Captain Jack had a lot of appearances in Dr Who.

Would make more sense doing it that way round - everyone watching the spinoff will be watching the main series as well so there's not going to be much in the way of additional ratings from cameos in the spin off, but giving the main series viewers an incentive to watch the spin off to pick up on the plotlines probably makes a difference

It's just been announced that BBC is now in the early stages of planning several Doctor Who games.

“We’re having a lot of interesting discussions for a variety of ideas around Doctor Who that are complementary to each rather than in competition with each other – boxed product console games, virtual worlds and other experiences,” explained Dave Anderson, head of multimedia development at BBC Worldwide.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/37357/BBC-readies-multiple-Doctor-Who-games

More information about a Doctor Who adventure game, plus screenshots.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventur...s/index.html?tag=gallery_summary;game_summary

Charles Cecil will join forces with the writers of Doctor Who to create four two-hour "interactive episodes" of the sci-fi show. Doctor Who: The Adventure Games will feature enemies and locations from the series, as well as one unique location that will be created especially for the games. The downloadable episodes will be made available for free via the BBC Web site in June 2010 and will be compatible with PC and Macs.

The games will complement the TV series, with scripts penned by Phil Ford, who cowrote the Doctor Who special Waters of Mars, and James Moran, who worked on the critically acclaimed Torchwood: Children of Earth. Matt Smith, who plays the latest incarnation of the Time Lord known as the Doctor, and Karen Gillan, who plays his companion Amy, will both be voiced by the original actors. Charles Cecil joins the team as an executive producer alongside Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis, and Anwen Aspden, who are all involved with the TV show.

Well, I really enjoyed the first Matt Smith outing and the second was nearly as good. Whether it will translate into a decent game is another matter!!

Quite pleased with Matt Smith, a much better choice than I'd feared.

Karen Gillan as well . . . . I think she's a brilliant actress, it's hard to tell because my mind goes all fuzzy when I look at her.

Looks like episode four is going to be a bit darker and nastier anyway, which is what I want from Moffat :)

Back
Top Bottom