Dragon Age 2 - Interview @ VG Daily

Hehe, there's a difference between lamenting the heading of Bioware and wanting to rip their heads off ;)

I sometimes over exaggerate just a weee bit :cool:

I tell myself I understand what they're about, but I'm not entitled to anything - so I would never really hold it against them. I'm just really sad that they've turned into this greed machine.

None of us are entitled, but we can moan about it. It's every fans right to bitch and moan about every little tiny detail.:devilish: Doesn't mean they'll listen to us though. Perfect example of that is….JAGGED ALLIANCE 2………If emotional outrage had any bearing what-so-ever Bitcomposer's staff would be fired by now and replaced with some fans of the JA universe. Preferably those from Bear's Pitt. But like my signature says "Despite all my rage. I am just a rat in a cage." Perfect sentiment on fanrage, imo.

But, reading between the lines, it seems they're keeping much of the core game intact for the PC. Not because they particularly care about core gamers, but because there's really no business sense in messing with the established PC version.

That's what I was thinking, but the 180 on the PR side from Dragon Age: Origins to this one is a little nerve racking and after ME 2 I wasn't sure what to think anymore. Now don't get me wrong I did like ME 2, but I liked it for the same reasons I liked Half-life. It was a damn fine shooter and some would argue it wasn't even that good of a shooter. I enjoyed it so much that I finished it so I can't complain.

What I'm hearing, is telling me they've divided the console audience and the PC audience into two QUITE distinct groups, and that's why I think we MIGHT be "lucky" and get a relatively deep CRPG experience afterall.

This makes a lot of sense. They need are just scraping by as it is ;)

Seriously, that does make sense. They got the PC gamers and now they need to go after that console crowd, but in doing so will EA/Bioware go too far like they did with Ultima 8 and Ultima 9. Hopefully EA has learned a lesson or two after torching some great developers. I doubt it, but we'll see.

However, it will never EVER be anything like a proper Baldur's Gate sequel - but then, I don't think DA:O was that either.

Baldur's Gate sequel? Never. Even I didn't think DA:O would be that good and I was praising it left and right, but a fun RPG, sure why not. Hopefully, like DHruin and you pointed out, they're not really talking about the PC portion of the game. That could mean they are just trying to grab some potential customers with all this PR nonsense.

I still can't get over that Facebook game…….WTF? They have a developer dedicated to these mini-games to entice fans and they choose FACEBOOK? I guess it's smart PR decision, but it makes me a little ill (did I mention I also can be overly dramatic at times :))

Based on how Mass Effect 2 was received, it seems most fans are quite happy with playing a movie with some stats, regardless of Bioware's past designs. Not I, mind you, but most core fans seem to think it was a great game.

I liked it, but like I said it was a shooter and hardly an RPG. If it had been a shooter series from the start and not made by Bioware I would of been excited about the direction shooters were taking. Since it was Bioware it put a damper on my enthusiasm :S

I still can't get over that Facebook game…….WTF? They have a developer dedicated to these mini-games to entice fans and they choose FACEBOOK? I guess it's smart PR decision, but it makes me a little ill (did I mention I also can be overly dramatic at times :))

EA signed a 5 years deal with Facebook for flash games with "cash shop". Legend is probably one of these games and I think I read about another one as well I don't remember the name though.

I suspect that Lord of Ultima will also migrate to Facebook at some point…

Back
Top Bottom