CD Projekt RED - Concept Art, Witcher 1 Speculation

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt Red has released a single piece of concept art from the title they will announce tomorrow, revealing a cyberpunk-like setting. Eurogamer has the art, along with discussion about the Witcher 1 being released on console. You may recall Rise of the White Wolf was cancelled ages back but it seems it has popped up some retailer listings. Clearly, the art released indicate the upcoming announcement is not Rise of the White Wolf -though perhaps that is also coming down the track.
More information.

Well, I was hoping for steampunk but cyberpunk will more than do :)

Wasn't there a rumor going around that this was going to be open-worldish ?

That ought to be interesting…

Last edited:
It's probably a cyberpunk rpg based on the Witcher 2 engine. I doubt it will be open world but I'm fine with that. Linear branching rpgs are there strengths.

I can't say i've enjoyed witcher too much, the writing and plot were meh, also the character development didn't go very well, bug gamedesignwize it's clearly top of the line.

Where is the art? I can't find anything on the linked page?

You have to scroll down a bit on the EuroGamer page to see it

But I'll link it here for the sake of convenience :)

541x-1

Reminds me of Shadowrun.

And seeing how I LOVE Shadowrun, I will be looking forward to this! :D

Daniel.

Personally, I can't wait to see what CDProjekt will do with this. They haven't let me down yet!

I hope it's a sandbox style RPG, Bethesda needs competition :)

Doubt they'd ditch RED Engine so the chances of an open world game are slim. I'll be interested to see how they'll deal with ranged combat.

Yeah, I do not really expect them to deviate too much from their formula myself.

That "vast RPG" they were circulating though made me hope for a more open ended structure. They could do i.e one (or more) central hub and a few maps (that really could be made bigger and more involving I believe even with the Red Engine) that you could move around and take sidequests in a less strictly linear chapter driven fashion.

Technically it should be more than possible. Is it even remotely close to what they wanna do? Well, we'll see (doubtful, but I can hope :) )…

You have to scroll down a bit on the EuroGamer page to see it

Strange, I can scroll down all the way to the bottom, that image is nowhere to be seen. I had found it at Gamebanshee in the meantime, but thanks anyway!

it's how you define open world: am sure there engine is more than capable enough to create the illusion of an open world…

though they are very story driven so i wound't expect it; but i'm sure technically it's perfectly possible...

So the rumor that the new project was a shooter-RPG was actually true. Also, Cyberpunk!

Although, I'm hope the design isn't like the Witcher1&2 when it come to encounters, I don't want to have to shoot my gun every 5 seconds to kill a re-spawning critter.

Cyberpunk, eh? Well, as sci-fi settings go, I would have hoped for a more space-oriented sci-fi setting as the upcoming Shadowrun RPG will be enough to scratch my cyberpunk itch. There are so precious few space opera(ish) RPGs around, which is a shame. CD PRojekt RED would have had the skill and manpower (and funds) to make an epic space RPG, I think. But I'm not complaining, cyberpunk will do fine also.

While I wouldn't mind a game play style like the Witcher series, I would love to have a semi-open-ended world.

In my mind, I envision a series of seamless transitions between large zones with plot-driven vignettes/cutscenes.

Not sandbox-gameplay per se - rather a directed affair but still open enough to give a sense of freedom.

I'm just a dreamer :)

Cyberpunk´s good.

I think I´d like the basic structure á la Bloodlines for this game the most.

It's no secret that I would prefer as open a world and gameplay structure as possible, just as long as they combine it with an overall story to give meaning to long-term investment.

I've always dreamed of a Shadowrun action/RPG hybrid with a similar open world structure to the Grand Theft Auto games. No, not a bunch of trial and error missions in a huge city with empty/closed-off buildings - but one where you're free to roam the city on your Ninja motorcycle and with a deep CRPG non-linear mission structure. Exploration should be at the forefront, and all major buildings should be explorable and have something unique ala Skyrim.

Hehe, one can dream :)

Back
Top Bottom