Kingdom Come: Deliverance - New Screenshots

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lightning Gaming News has a couple of new screenshots for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Warhorse Studios have unleashed a trio of HD screenshots from Kingdom Come: Deliverance, showcasing the power of CryEngine in the beautifully rendered images. The screens illustrate horseback riding, an idyllic scene where a villager indulges in some fishing sitting atop a small wooden bridge, and a solider maintaining overwatch at a castle. The action RPG set in Medieval Europe is currently on track for a release in Q4 2015 for the PC, OS X and Linux, with the Xbox One and PS4 versions expected to follow at a later date.
More information.

Last edited:
A rather big you say? I at least can't see anything wrong. What are you thinking about?

No, it's the road, medieval horseshoes did exist. The wide tracks and strip of grass in the middle is typical of modern dirt roads subjected to traffic by car and truck (flat, relatively wide tires etc.).
If you look at old paintings (and the occasional remains of, say, old paved roads) you see that the tracks are typically narrow and deep, created by the narrow wooden wheels of carts and carriages. There's usually no grass either, (though sometimes present in patches rather than a strip) but that may be the result of road maintenance removing grass and weeds.

a_wooded_landscape_with_figures_-_meindert_hobbema.jpg

They had a similar thing with the trees (wrong type), I think, and they would change that. Might be the case with this road as well (probably based on some modern country road in Bohemia), I'm not sure if somebody pointed this out to them but I suspect that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom