Russian or Gamergate version

malik22

Watcher
Hi guys

I would like to buy this game if i get the gamergate version are all the sound problems fixed if you use the russian voice files and wesp5 Unofficial Patch 1.4?
and can I patch it to 1.1?

It may be easier to choose the Beamdog version because they offer an official Russian voices upgrade.

Ok thank you Wesp didnt know beamdog was selling the game essentially there upgrade is the same as the sound upgrade in the stickies correct.

What's the English version of the game like? I'm currently running the Yuplay.ru version with Wesp's unofficial patch, but a pretty hefty amount of the text is barely comprehendable, apparently from being run through an online translator. Do the NPCs in the English version speak this dialogue in an understandable way, or is the translation really poor even though voiced? Seems the Russian version with English subtitles is the preferred method.

If the boating cutscene is any indication of the quality for the rest of the game I'm going to assume it's terrible. The guy piloting the boat with Myers aboard is referred to as "grandpa" but in-game this familial relationship doesn't seem to exist.

I'm really into this game, especially the quirky dialogue, but when I'm unable to understand it it's kind of annoying. Don't get me wrong though, I'm super appreciative of all the work you dudes have put into this.

a pretty hefty amount of the text is barely comprehendable, apparently from being run through an online translator. Do the NPCs in the English version speak this dialogue in an understandable way, or is the translation really poor even though voiced?

Yeah the existing English text we got out of the Russian version (Wesp's patch) was bad enough, but the ~10% or so that wasn't translated at all I ran through an online translator and is shocking I admit. I started improving the dialog line by line but only got through the first village before I'd had enough, there's just too much to do (~30K lines).

But the English version is worse, because not only is it based on the same poor original translation that Wesp's patch is based on, but they've left in all sorts of inconsistencies that we've cleaned up - names, places, etc.

So what you're playing is the ultimate English experience...

Gotcha, thanks for the info. The first little village definitely had great translation, I didn't notice any inconsistencies and the offbeat humor came across really well. Some of the more out-of-the-way characters are the ones that had the confusing dialogue. The girl in the bar once you first get to Ballena whose name begins with an "M" (who sends you to a waterfall to wait for her) had some wonky dialogue which I hadn't yet run across.

Also, there was 30k lines of dialogue that needed to be phrased properly after being run through a translator, or 30k lines total? Either way that is definitely a daunting task.

Also, there was 30k lines of dialogue that needed to be phrased properly after being run through a translator, or 30k lines total? Either way that is definitely a daunting task.

30K in total! But yes still a big task, I might get back to it one day but if anyone else is interested in picking it up where I left off then it's not technically hard to do, just slo-o-o-w going.

Back
Top Bottom