IGN - RPG Cheers and Tears

It had a really cool box too. It looked just like a book. I still use it to store manuals.

How come we never get cool stuff like that over here? :)

NA version had pretty decent box art though....

Attachments

• DSC02471.JPG
    DSC02471.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC02470.JPG
    DSC02470.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 46
Makes me wish I kept boxes every once in a while ... ;)

Yeah, shame about the marketing, a game like that deserved sooo much better. Was Gamestop really the only place that sold it? I wasn't aware of that...

In the US it might have been the only place.

It was at every software store over here in Taiwan. It had a really cool box too. It looked just like a book. I still use it to store manuals.

Here in Germany, Wizardry 8 was - untranslated - sold in electronics chain shops, at least I remember a major one ("Saturn").

However, I still don't know why this second-hand and renting shop had an original 4-CD version of Wizardry 8 there for only 5 Euros ... Meanwhile the normal DVD boxes used to be sold for at least 25 Euros (could be that this was a little bit reduced already, but I don't remember, because it's so long ago).

Well, I bought this 4-CD specimen, and I'm happy with it. :) I was also surprised about the slight humour I found in the handbook ... ;)

Considering the level of detail, Wiz8 is still my personal "dream game". :) However, I couldn't endure this constant, neverending stream of fights in it anymore ...

Well, I bought this 4-CD specimen, and I'm happy with it. :) I was also surprised about the slight humour I found in the handbook ... ;)

If I recall correctly, Brenda Garno was in charge of the handbook. She can go over the top with her witticisms at times, but generally she's quite fun to read. I used to chat online with her back in the CompuServ days; truly a wonderful mind.

Here is the dirty, but still funtional box.

BTW my cat was wondering what I was doing with her scratching post.:)

Attachments

• DSC00876.jpg
    DSC00876.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00877.jpg
    DSC00877.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom