Pricewatch!

Yeah, tons of "scary" games for sale (including ... Spore!?)

Alice: Madness Returns. Not such a great game but the artwork is incredible.

Also, If anyone wants to try out the evil within there's now a demo on steam.

Sports fans can try out NBA2k15 on steam for free for a couple more days.

Nobody knows how to optimise anymore.
Pah. 80 seconds. If only…
Zloth stares out the window, waiting for the truck with the rainbow rabbit.

Yeah, but the download size will be more to do with uncompressed textures, etc. Optimisation, particularly of the game engine, is more about getting extra out of the CPU/GPU.

I think a better term would be "bloated". :)

I wouldn't call id Tech 5 unoptimized. I remember playing Rage on high settings with a GTX 470, and it ran quite well.

I don't think 10GB for a demo is a big deal. It would only take me a few minutes to download with my connection. Internet connections have gotten much faster, and if you're still using DSL or dial-up, then it might be time to upgrade. :)

That said, I do feel bad for those people who live in places where there is no option to upgrade, as I went through that same thing for a few years. But for everyone else, time to get cable!

That said, I do feel bad for those people who live in places where there is no option to upgrade, as I went through that same thing for a few years. But for everyone else, time to get cable!

You sound like one of the XBox team. :p

I don't think 10GB for a demo is a big deal. It would only take me a few minutes to download with my connection. Internet connections have gotten much faster, and if you're still using DSL or dial-up, then it might be time to upgrade. :)

Well I do have cable and it still takes over an hour to download 10GB. When I bought the game the full 50 GB game took over six hours to download off steam.:)
I think a better term would be "bloated". :)
That's because of the mega textures. I have always suffered stuttering, and sound issues with the game engine so that's why I say it's unoptimized.

Not all cable is made equally. You have to ask for the highest speed available. In my case, we had to get a premier package of cable/tv/phone in order to get the 100Mb/s connection, but it's so worth it. I can download a 50GB game in an hour or less. A 10GB demo is not a big deal with a connection like this.

It's only a matter of time before everyone has a connection like this. I expect speeds to greatly increase with the fiber-optic lines that cable companies are starting to install in certain locations.

But yeah, definitely ask what the fastest speed your cable provider provides, and I would suggest getting that :). If it still takes 6 hours to download a 50GB game, then maybe you should move to a better location that has faster internet... :D.

But yeah, definitely ask what the fastest speed your cable provider provides, and I would suggest getting that :). If it still takes 6 hours to download a 50GB game, then maybe you should move to a better location that has faster internet… :D.
Well I'm not willing to pay $200 a month to Comcast.:smartass:

If I had another option that wasn't either DSL, or satellite I would gladly switch. The problem is the competition is very slim, and I wish Google Fiber was in my area.

We already pay $150 a month to Time Warner and are still using asynchronous DSL.

We recently renegotiated and are paying $105/month for phone, cable and internet (15MBps). The problem, like anything, is that cable is a 'shared pipe', so we can see that bandwidth drop in the evenings ... plus I really need to buy a new router because we have about 40+ WiFi consumers in the house at this point.

I think we pay $150 or so a month, and we get nearly top of the line cable connection. Comcast. The connection is 100Mb/s, and it's extremely fast and extremely reliable.

I guess I'm just a lucky son of a gun. :D

Well I have a new modem being sent to me so my speeds should finally pick up. I love how Comcast notifies you when you need to update your equipment.

Tip: They don't I always find out months after the announcement by e-mail.:disappointed:

Anyway right now I'm lucky to get 30 mbps for download. Which means I average about 2-3 MB a second for download right now. Hopefully that will change in a few weeks.

Currently on sale @GOG, only a couple of hours left:

Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect 5$ (by far the cheapest price ever!)
Deadly Premonition: DC 5$ (patched up version, interesting David Lynch inspired game)
Outlast 5$
and many classics like
System Shock 2 2$
Shadow Man 1,50$
Harvester 2$
the Unreal franchise

Back
Top Bottom