Dungeon Gate - February Release for UK

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I can't actually remember if we've covered ths before but German publisher UIG sends word that Dungeon Gate will launch in the UK in February - presumably other territories will be a similar time:
UIG Entertainment announce UK release of Dungeon Gate

Step forth to save the world of Barrilian in February 2013

Munich, Germany –January 30th 2013; Established German publisher, UIG Entertainment have today announced Dungeon Gate, a fantasy role-playing game for PC releasing in the UK in February 2013.

Set in the desolated and vast world of Barrilian, the once prosperous land has been destroyed and left in ruin by dragon hordes years previously. Now, Barrilian’s people remain enslaved by a vicious sorcerer, yielding his influence over the dragons to impose his absolute rule. The population are forced to work in the enchanted stone mines, extracting the very minerals that enhance their oppressor’s magical powers and increase his hold over them. Amid the despair steps forth a young unlikely hero named Dysan whose destiny may change everything.

Explore this expansive and beautifully crafted game world, packed with diverse quests, over 40 characters and an enthralling storyline, delivering a compelling Role-Playing Game experience for fans of the genre and newcomers alike. Dungeon Gate will be available Q1 2013 on PC.
You can check out an old, awful trailer here.
More information.

I advise if the game is cheap or on sale buy it. If not stay away.

It's only $20 on GamersGate. I was tempted to give it a try, but I've got too many games waiting in the wings right now.

Bad. Very bad.

If rune_74 says it's bad, that's good enough for me. As far as I can recall, and going back several years, I don't remember him every saying anything worse than faint praise for any RPG. :D

Well, I'm not sure what that character did to its hair, but I really can't see myself "getting into character" with that dude. This from a guy who is playing Realmz, which has teeny tiny sprites :D

Looks consolely. Like PS1 or worse.
I have too many games to even consider it.

Said already elsewhere on this forum - you CANNOT save anywhere.
No, upgrading your 1TB HDD to 874365874365843TB won't help as the savegame would be 874365874365844TB big so they've designed savepoints system.

Means, I'm not buying that junk.

Said already elsewhere on this forum - you CANNOT save anywhere.

That's kinda a game breaker with me too. Save game points are a horrible design decision for most games that use them.

It seems very crappy with the one I saw demo'd for me. Everything didn't seem to work the way it should. I'm having troubles coming up with anything good to say honestly. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom