Project Eternity - Post-Funding Update #62, State of the Project

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian has posted another post-funding update for Project Eternity. In this update we are told the about the state of the project. Topics include new hires, areas, characters, and features of the game.

Hey, everyone. As you know, over the past six weeks we have been working on our first production milestone - the cleverly titled Production 01 milestone. Our first target has been Defiance Bay (our first BIG city) and the team has been busting their collective butts to get as much fantasy roleplaying goodness as possible into the city.

In George Ziets' own words, "Defiance Bay is the capital and largest city in the Dyrwood, gateway to the riches of Glanfath, teeming with adventurers and explorers from all over the region. Defiance Bay is a city of the common people, where the most prominent and respected citizens are self-made men. It stands at the forefront of experimentation in soul magic and exemplifies the age of discovery."

A ton has been accomplished in a pretty short amount of time and we would like to share some of it with you.
More information.

I'm excited about the -only teased- intricacies of stronghold management, courtesy of Tim Cain. I'm really happy to see him working on a fantasy RPG again. Item repair certainly was his baby, and teleportation as a means of travel may also have been included due to his influence.

Have they said whether combat will be turn-based yet? How many months has it been now?

I think it was RTwP from the start. You might be thinking of Tides of Numenera

I had thought they had said it would be RTWP, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

Naturally, as this was all about infinity engine nostalgia.

That's what I was thinking. Doesn't IE though have some way that you can make it autopause on each turn?

That dialogue screen gave me that nice, nostalgic feeling. It looks like the improved version of IWD.

Also there're enough turn-based games now. So some RTwP will be awesome.

That dialogue screen gave me that nice, nostalgic feeling. It looks like the improved version of IWD.

Also there're enough turn-based games now. So some RTwP will be awesome.
I agree looking at the UI and dialogue screen makes me remember the infinity engine games. The stronghold looks to be shaping up pretty well also.:celebrate:

Real Time with Pause! Combining none of the reflex-based play that action players love with none of the careful control that turn-based players want!

Really though, I'm just glad so many great turn-based titles are on the way.

RTwP isn't so bad, I enjoyed it fine in IWD and BG. I prefer turn-based if it's done well. I end up pausing so much in RTwP that it might as well be turn-based.

My favorite turn-based combat implementation for D&D (or D&D-like games) has to be the one in TOEE.

I like turn based out the entire gamer is turn based, but I find it very disjointing to play a game where everything is real time, then it suddenly becomes turn based when the combat starts. Really takes away fun the immersion for me

Back
Top Bottom