Prisonscape - A New RPG Adventure Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If your tired of the usual fantasy RPG then you may like Prisonscape from develpoper Lunar Enigma on kickstarter. They are asking for $49,500 to get funded.

Here is the pitch video, and game description.

Prisonscape is an adventure/RPG game about the harsh and brutal life in prison, made for PC, Mac, and Linux.

The focus is on making the best of what you have. Gathering parts and crafting makeshift weapons, interacting with other prisoners (bartering, forming alliances, or making enemies) and learning the trade inside the prison.

You can develop your character to be a tough fighter, charismatic manipulator, intelligent craftsman, or a slimy snake, and the choices you make affect the story.

The game was heavily inspired by two HBO classics, The Wire and Oz and the art style inspiration was pulled from SNES classics such as Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. What separates Prisonscape from other games of same genre is its gritty, uncompromising atmosphere - we're not attempting to sugarcoat the prison life and culture.

More information.

Ok, I'm interested, but "uncompromising" and "gritty"? The characters are too cute for that with their oversized heads. The violence looks slapstick rather than dark, it was making me laugh when I watched the video. That's fine by me, but after reading the blurb it wasn't what I expected.

But it's cheap at 9 dollars and the setting looks interesting, so I'm happy to give it a go and hope it turns out well.

I liked it until that last part, so you can have magical powers? Doesnt seem to fit.
Ever since i played The Great Escape on C64 i've wanted a similar prison game..

Some backers such as myself have asked about that in the comments. There's no magical powers or anything… but the full explanation for that segment might be considered a spoiler.

Last edited:
You mean Goat simulator was legit? I thought it was an April Fool's joke.

You mean Goat simulator was legit? I thought it was an April Fool's joke.

It's legit…and it's also a bit of a joke. It's a real game, though. I don't own it, but apparemtly you are a goat and you smash into things and fly through the air with crazy physics and explosions and whatnot. You unlock new goats with jetpacks and whatnot. I think that's about it…and whatnot.

Some backers such as myself have asked about that in the comments. There's no magical powers or anything… but the full explanation for that segment might be considered a spoiler.

Ok good to know, thanks.

The game was heavily inspired by two HBO classics, The Wire and Oz and the art style inspiration was pulled from SNES classics such as Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. What separates Prisonscape from other games of same genre is its gritty, uncompromising atmosphere - we're not attempting to sugarcoat the prison life and culture.
So uncompromizing atmosphere mostly inspired by two fictional works that must compromize to sensationalize to treat their ratings...

Common. Fiction as a reference to build reality.

Looks kind of interesting. 9$ is a cheap leap of faith. Backed.

Back
Top Bottom