Kult: Heretic Kingdom nice graphics

Attunements--that's what I was trying to think of. I need to replay this game. Nice review and made me quite nostalgic.

Every time I read about this game and especially of that attunement and the dreamworld thing, I must think that someone had been efficiently browsing through esoterics forums before writing the concepts to that.

To use these concepts alone makes me give a high respect for that, because outside of esoterics, it is more or less unknown (except shamanism, maybe).

I've never seen a game really trying to incorporate esoterical things into a fantasy world.

The normay way devs and writers do it is "invent" some mumbo-jumbo that is based on physics, not on esoterics. Even shamanism in most games looks like a dire cliché developed by kids which don't know how to play. Or, in not-so-harsh words, it is layed-out like a kid believes how a car is workind and THEn incorporates that as a REAL car into a game ...

Or, in other words: Things like shamanism in games looks like as if an Atheist was trying to build some kind of Religion into a fantasy world ...

I strongly believe that esoterics is actually a very, very, very rich field for inspiration for fantasy worlds. But I'm always astonished that no-one tries to use it. Except in Kult, that's why I see this game as unique.

Thanks for posting that review. Ha! Who would have known... an Action RPG that has peaked my interest...

Yea it's a good game. Not the best out there but still not too shabby.

I would of thought you liked Action RPG because your avatar is from an Action RPG ;)

That was a nice review indeed. Although I have the game, I've never had a chance to play it.
I'll take it off the shelf and put it on my shortlist, after having been motivated by that review.
I can't resist a good story and an interesting premise and setting.

Back
Top Bottom