KB: Warriors of the North - Review @ Hooked Gamer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Rating with a score of 7.8, Hooked Gamer checks out Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North.
Not much of what I have written so far will be much of a surprise to fans of the series. It is most certainly an evolution rather than a revolution, but that is not a bad thing at all. When I talked to the developers at Gamescom this year, they mentioned that one of their playtesters had a game which had lasted 80 hours, and he still had not finished it. It is very easy to see people putting a lot of time into King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. The early part of the game lacks variety, with limited troops at your disposal and repetitive combat against an AI which is not actually that intelligent. New players may be put off by that. However if all you want is more King’s Bounty after playing the previous games in the series, then that is certainly what you will get.
More information.

I would have to agree with their final assessment. I am on the 4th island and there has not been nearly the variety of troops of the previous games. The Celestial Armour really unbalances the early game. I think it was a preorder bonus on Steam. It makes your character too powerful in my opinion - many of my enemies would just capitulate and run away until I removed it.

I would have to agree with their final assessment. I am on the 4th island and there has not been nearly the variety of troops of the previous games. The Celestial Armour really unbalances the early game. I think it was a preorder bonus on Steam. It makes your character too powerful in my opinion - many of my enemies would just capitulate and run away until I removed it.

That's a problem I've seen lately with games and extra content, it unbalances the game making it, ironically, less fun. Guess I'm lucky I don't have that armor :)

Back
Top Bottom