EA - Plan To Make Their Games Better

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Kotaku has a new article that talks about EA, and how they plan to make their future games better. The article uses the current announcement of the delays as proof.

EA is going to do some obvious things—and some unusual things—to make games that work better and that you'll like more, the company's CEO, Andrew Wilson, recently explained to me during an interview in L.A. If there's a recurring theme, it could be summed up in a word: "early." Or, maybe, "earlier."
More information.

And Kotaku missed the chance to kick them in their butt by just one thing.
Sims 4.

1. Less content, bigger price:
A running list of 35+ OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED MISSING/CRIPPLED BASE features

2. Premium membership scam:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/21/5922421/the-sims-4-premium-membership-options

3. Ice age technology (32bit only) and minimum system requirements that just prove it:
http://simsvip.com/2014/07/25/the-sims-4-minimum-system-requirements/

4. Accept receiving the spamletter and maybe you also get the CAS demo. Written differently, disrespecting the audience and saying we're all stupid (http://www.thesims.com/):

2qu17vt.jpg

Never believe a word EA says.
They do have a plan.
But it's not making games better.
Those who plan to make games better are offering them through Steam.

Are you sure about the source

This sounds more like a headline on The Onion than any real gaming site.

"EA plans series of rich old school RPGs, regardless of likely profit"

I don't suppose focusing on quality games and less on profits is on the table? Be a game maker instead of yet another corporate whore?

This sounds more like a headline on The Onion than any real gaming site.

Ha, well said! That made me laugh...yeah the headline is absurd: in other news, EA has decided to make quality games just to try something different.

Oh, EA, you ruin-er of classic studios.

Ha, well said! That made me laugh…yeah the headline is absurd: in other news, EA has decided to make quality games just to try something different.

Oh, EA, you ruin-er of classic studios.

LOL!

On a side note.....
Thats quite the combination of articles from you Joxer. I vote we trick him more often into posting newsbits like this.

Um.... Bioware says they head their own projects and are segregating from EA.
Um... No more respawns say 5 major developers..

*sits back and waits for Joxer to find 12 articles proving otherwise :)*

Eh?
Look, I've been following news on Sims4 for months now so gathering those links so fast wasn't a problem - all are in my browser history.
If EA's representative told the truth in Kotaku interview, any kind of truth, for a change, there would be no need to bring out the dirty laundry. But he just didn't.

Bioware can say what they want, again anything about independance is not the truth. Bioware Mythic became EA Mythic two years ago and this year was closed by EA. No links, use google. You seriously believe it wasn't EA's decision but Bioware's?
About respawns design it is here to stay. It lowers costs on graphics and scripts, you don't need to pay a decent writer for a proper story, it artificially makes the time needed to finish the game longer and current critics still do not drop the score on repetitiveness and bugs. Sadly quality over quanity in gaming industry today is a rare thiing. And sorry. No links on this either.

C&C couch? What about that Dungeon Keeper latest monstruosity? And SimCity scandal?
It's like EA decided to ruin everything it touches. Can't but agree with
shakefist.gif

Oh good, I'm off to preorder all their upcoming releases.;)

Honestly though I'll keep an open mind and see what they come up with.

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of emphasis on what EA expects from developers when making games. I would have expected to see at least as many changes to executive management as that's where real change has the only chance to ignite changes for everything else. EA clearly has a corporate culture of money first (second, third, fourth, fifth....) and everything else game experience related somewhere ranked 150, 200 and so on.

The tagline to this newsbit made me laugh. =)

"EA plans to make their future games better."

Yeah, yeah… blahblah. Come on, you repeat yourself, dear PR department of EA. You claimed similar thing recently after BF4 bugfest fiasco. Or in the past. Please, be more original. Surprise us. Try something unexpected. Like this:

"We, EA, plans to make our future games worse." :biggrin:

A cunning plan.

Make our games better.

Yes, a new, bold, clever ploy by the lads in command.

Hmm, let's form a committee...

Wouldn't ANY change be a change for the better!!??!! :)

Delaying release is not new nor does it always have anything to do with polishing a game. It's been a long standing practice of big publishers to push back release dates to different fiscal quarters for investment and business reasons.
Of course. But why not dress it nicely and claim that they are doing it for our sake? Great PR and changes/cost nothing.

And I plan on buying more EA games!

I also plan to visit a doctor about my compulsive lying.

I'd prefer if they start with Alice Madness Returns. I tried to install and play that game yesterday after I got it from a Steam sale last year or so.
No matter whether I tried to play it via Steam or -later on- via Origin (redeemed the Steam code on Origin etc.) the game would not even start up. No error message, nothing. I could only see the *.exe flash up in task manager for a few seconds and then it auto-quit.
Checked my events log in Windows and sure enough. It was an issue with EACore.dll that crashed the *.exe with an exception error.
The only way to fix the issue was to download a crack to be able to play my legally bought Steam version of Alice Madness Returns.

TLDR = FUCK EA!

Back
Top Bottom