Lefty corruption....again

Some might say that making fun of women's basketball players should be standard practice as well, but somehow that didn't save Imus' job.

For the record, I don't find this "nazi" thing to be a big deal, either, but I do think there should be some consistency from the protestors.

Let me qualify - the unfairly downtrodden.

EDIT: No need to qualify if one understands the English language well already.

downtrodden - abused or oppressed by people in power

And yet somehow you're all a-glee for abusing/oppressing the Tea Party. Why might that be? Based on your absolute statement, I expect you'll be joining the nearest Tea Party post haste to make a stand for the little guy that's standing up to their cruel masters. Take a sign that says "Liberals Exert Negative Pressure!" so we'll recognize you if you happen to get on TV.

I'll always support the downtrodden underdog over the ruling majority.

Must be a sense of ethics again…

Since the Tea Parteers attract racists and homophobes, I doubt it…
So then, this has turned into an excellent example of lefty honesty, hasn't it. Mr. Thrasher, will you please state for the court which statement of yours was, in fact, a blatant falsehood (I did take the liberty of highlighting a rather important word in the first one)?

You make it too easy, champ. :p

Okay, I'll play your silly game. Who's "oppressing" the Tea Party? Just curious. Also, re: the terrible evil TP crashers, not that I'd take anything from Michelle Malkin seriously, guess you're happy the guy who decided to protest and express his point of view just like the Tea Partyers has been put on leave from his job for daring to disagree with you folks.

Yeah, it's the always the lefties who are such big hypocrites. <insert tde*>

*the dreaded eyeroll ;)

Now here's some real lefty corruption we can ALL sink our teeth into:
Is Ben Nelson looking for another Cornhusker Kickback? (Think Progress)
So why did Nelson help block the measure while 65 percent of Americans support Wall Street reform? Speculation immediately turned to Nelson’s relationship with one of his most important constituents, billionaire investor Warren Buffet and his Nebraska-based company Berkshire Hathaway. Just hours before the vote, Senate Democrats killed a provision “sought by Berkshire and pushed by” Nelson that would have potentially saved the investment firm $8 billion, the Wall Street Journal reports…

...Berkshire officials “have long supported” Nelson, giving him more money over his political career than those of any other company...

…A Senate aide agreed, “definitively” saying that Nelson switched his voted after Democrats dropped the Buffett carve-out. “He was on board until today and the only thing that changed was the removal of that provision,” the aide said.

When media (or whoever it was) found out our current foreign minister held stock in some Russian companies he was given a choice (by... well, everyone): sell the stock or resign. That's Sweden's view on conflics of interest. Considering that it's always amazed me what you let your politicians get away with.

Übereil

Okay, I'll play your silly game. Who's "oppressing" the Tea Party? Just curious. Also, re: the terrible evil TP crashers, not that I'd take anything from Michelle Malkin seriously, guess you're happy the guy who decided to protest and express his point of view just like the Tea Partyers has been put on leave from his job for daring to disagree with you folks.

Yeah, it's the always the lefties who are such big hypocrites. <insert tde*>

*the dreaded eyeroll ;)
As far as Captain Beaverton, it's safe to say there's a difference between disagreeing and deliberately setting out to misrepresent. You're looking at willful sabotage--not exactly an innocent difference of opinion, wouldn't you agree?

As for oppression, I'll have to let Thrasher answer that one, since he kinda defined the standard a few posts back. He seemed to sum it up as any minority group that isn't treated well by the majority. I think, by that standard (and keep in mind, we are taking him to task for silly absolutes here, so don't blame me for his standard), the Tea Party qualifies in spades. Hell, the Kenyan himself has thrown a few zingers their way. By my light (considering Thrasher's choice of terms), "oppression" doesn't figure in at all and "abusing" is pretty debatable, but I didn't set up this scenario.

When media (or whoever it was) found out our current foreign minister held stock in some Russian companies he was given a choice (by… well, everyone): sell the stock or resign. That's Sweden's view on conflics of interest. Considering that it's always amazed me what you let your politicians get away with.

Übereil
You won't find me arguing that point. That's why I favor a strong executive and weak legislature. Unfortunately, the framers didn't consider dirty career politicians back in the day since it simply wasn't possible back then, so our system of government doesn't have much protection against them. Congress polices their own, which is just begging for disaster.

So then, this has turned into an excellent example of lefty honesty, hasn't it. Mr. Thrasher, will you please state for the court which statement of yours was, in fact, a blatant falsehood (I did take the liberty of highlighting a rather important word in the first one)?

You make it too easy, champ. :p

The Tea Parteers are not downtrodden, DTE. Try again...

As far as Captain Beaverton, it's safe to say there's a difference between disagreeing and deliberately setting out to misrepresent. You're looking at willful sabotage—not exactly an innocent difference of opinion, wouldn't you agree?
Willful sabotage announced all over the internet beforehand, eh? Kinda spoiled his devious subversive angle. Just for the sake of argument, how come nobody loses their job for questioning the legality of the president's right to serve or calling him a racist or painting pictures of all the WH staff as communists or lying about pulling the plug on Grandma? And what's the difference (other than magnitudes of news coverage) between this guy getting suspended from his job for his somehow politically incorrect opinions—and this guy *losing* his job for his remarks, and the infamous Imus case?
As for oppression, I'll have to let Thrasher answer that one, since he kinda defined the standard a few posts back. He seemed to sum it up as any minority group that isn't treated well by the majority. I think, by that standard (and keep in mind, we are taking him to task for silly absolutes here, so don't blame me for his standard), the Tea Party qualifies in spades. Hell, the Kenyan himself has thrown a few zingers their way. By my light (considering Thrasher's choice of terms), "oppression" doesn't figure in at all and "abusing" is pretty debatable, but I didn't set up this scenario.

I accept your more rational assessment on the oppression thing, but I'm still thinking it's a bit overly sensitive to view the criticism that's been leveled at some of the fringe aspects of the Tea Party as anything but the usual flack that comes with thrusting anything out of the ordinary into the media's eye when it's in no way equal to the amount of positive exposure they get with all the constant coverage of everything they say and do as if it's huge news and is going to change all political life in our times. IOW, they get more attention than oppression, imo, and both are excessive. :p

Back
Top Bottom