Skyrim - "Hearthfire" DLC Rumours

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Frozen Fireball points out a rumour about Hearthfire, a possible Skyrim DLC. The first source is a trademark application (via Gaming Illustrated):
In May, Bethesda parent company ZeniMax filed a trademark for the name Hearthfire. The official documentation from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for Hearthfire reads: “Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices.” Well, that seems pretty cut and dry to me. And of course Bethesda is keeping tight-lipped dishing out the usual “we don’t comment” line.
...and then Reddit comes along with a description:
Adding more fuel to the fire are rumors from Reddit user derptemp6698 (who had previously leaked correct details to Mass Effect 3 DLC). That summary is as follows: “Hearthfire, the next official game-add on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has arrived. For the first time in the Elder Scrolls universe, purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with armory, alchemy laboratory, trophy room, and more! With Hearthfire, the possibilities of what you can build are endless.”
More information.

I hate mods and always play games stock (only exception is the X series) so this is new and welcome in my opinion =D

It's a name for a month but building a house makes sense since a Hearth is a fireplace.

But I hope it's not just that. If it's just that it will just feel like an evolved variant on the Castle/Wizards Tower/ Thief Lair DLC from Oblivion.

BTW, both Vampires (including that monster form that was later used in Dawnguard) and building your own house were things in that Bethesda gamejam trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxIHPfi-yI&feature=player_detailpage#t=213s

Well so much for the mini expansion dlc that was promised. Tod Howard lied. It's a shame all the dlc for Fallout NV was better than any DLC Bethesda has released since Oblivion.

Say what you want about Obsidian but they know how to craft rpg's better.

Building a house? People are gonna pay $20 for this?

Cripes.

Well so much for the mini expansion dlc that was promised. Tod Howard lied.

What on earth are you talking about? Firsty, nothing has been confirmed yet - people are guessing that it might involve a house building element - there is no mention of just how complex this element may be or may not be. Secondly, Dawnguard has already been released and it was significantly bigger than any DLC released in the past.

If Dawnguard turns out to be successful, hopefully it will influence them to release more of the larger size DLC at the $20 price point. My guess is ultimately they will release four or five, in line with what they have done with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, perhaps one more at $20 and the rest at $10.

Back to Daggerfall, if one follows the example, building houses will mean additional NPCs from work fields related to house building,who will actually build the house.

It can mean a lot of additional content.

What on earth are you talking about? Firsty, nothing has been confirmed yet - people are guessing that it might involve a house building element - there is no mention of just how complex this element may be or may not be. Secondly, Dawnguard has already been released and it was significantly bigger than any DLC released in the past.

First of all you can calm down. I saw nothing in Dawnguard that made me interested. Especially that $20 price tag to play. I was excepting the game world to be extended for example my character can become king or queen.

Instead we got a supernatural extension with some added content. Fallout NV at least extended the main storyline and fleshed out your character. Obsidian has done better than any dlc Bethesda has produced.

I stopped having blind faith or excessive fanboyism in developers over 10 years ago. I rather be jaded and cynical then be let down over and over again.

Feel free to use your fan rage and rally against my argument.;)

Last edited:
I hate mods and always play games stock (only exception is the X series) so this is new and welcome in my opinion =D

oh man, you don't know what you're missing. after I discovered mods allowing me to continue playing OB, I haven't played a minute of any beth game vanilla. I'm amazed you don't think any aspect of the game could be improved. And even if you think the gameplay's perfect, there are always the cosmetic improvements like our very own vurt's floral overhaul making the plants purtier.

Or maybe you're one of those who think "cheats and nudity" when referring to mods? In which case I agree with you as I can't stand those either. :D

I stopped having blind faith or excessive fanboyism in developers over 10 years ago. I rather be jaded and cynical then be let down over and over again.

You know, there is a middle area between excessive fanboyism and being cynical. Borderline much? ;)

Feel free to use your fan rage and rally against my argument.;)

Ruuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

I've already said when Dawnguard was released…
Until I see a thorough OFFICIAL patch that will address at least 90% of tons of bugs, I'm not buying any DLC.
20€ someone said? Even if it was free I wouldn't install it - as that would just add more bugs to existing ones.

You know, there is a middle area between excessive fanboyism and being cynical. Borderline much? ;) Ruuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

Like how you only picked part of my reply to respond to. Now I'll go get my soapbox and cry were all doomed and the gaming industry is in decline.:p

I've already said when Dawnguard was released…
Until I see a thorough OFFICIAL patch that will address at least 90% of tons of bugs, I'm not buying any DLC.
20€ someone said? Even if it was free I wouldn't install it - as that would just add more bugs to existing ones.

Every release from Bethesda has bugs that never get fixed and dlc that adds more. Nothing new. It must be a design decision. Wonder if they have meetings about how many more they can add then ignore.:)

Back
Top Bottom