DA:Inquisition - RPG Game of the Year @ RPS

Sera has made me laugh more than any other character in a long time, in any game. :) I love her to pieces.

Also, I'm glad to see this game winning so many awards. Haters gonna hate, and all that. There aren't many games I'm okay paying full price for - usually I feel a little guilty - but with DA:I I haven't felt a twinge of guilt. Not one ounce.

:sunglasses:

I agree.

With DAI I am almost 100 hours in, enjoying every moment, and only halfway through.

It's a sad state that a game like DA:I wins best RPG. Practicly no real rpg mechanisms, boring, braindead combat. The story is well told. It starts ok but the longer I played the more attrocious I found it became. More epic doesn't mean better. I just was bored to death and if I started to think about it I got lots of headaches ;)

Exploration was mediocre and relativly boring with masses of enemies that even on nightmare did not challenge me (apart from some boss and dragon fights) and just became annoying. I really hated most (fetch) sidequests.
This was one of the most attrocious things ingame. There was nothing interesting in them. The only thing I found decent were the characterization of the companions even though some had bad/annoying concepts. And the locations and atmosphere were nice. But if i want to explore and enjoy the landscape I will go hiking in RL, I don't need a game with nothing else that catches me.

There were some nice RPG this year, I just can't understand how DA would win over them....

I agree.

With DAI I am almost 100 hours in, enjoying every moment, and only halfway through.

Yep, same here. Was at 94 hours last I checked and enjoying it as much now as when I started. Going to have a great time playing this thru the Holiday break! I can see (and agree with) many of the complaints, but for me the game is just scratching the itch in a way that no Bioware game has in a long, long time. I can't seem to put it away and move onto other things I have in the queue, including finishing up D:OS, which is my 2nd favorite game of 2014.

Yep, same here. Was at 94 hours last I checked and enjoying it as much now as when I started. Going to have a great time playing this thru the Holiday break! I can see (and agree with) many of the complaints, but for me the game is just scratching the itch in a way that no Bioware game has in a long, long time. I can't seem to put it away and move onto other things I have in the queue, including finishing up D:OS, which is my 2nd favorite game of 2014.

I got my money's worth - spend ~ 93 hours and finished...but have 0 desire to actually continue doing anything else with the main quest done i.e. "go here, fetch this kill that etc". I think D:OS was a more engaging game with vastly superior combat - I loved (almost) every moment of that. With DA:I ...well, there was a lot of enjoyment, but also a lot of frustration and tedium. If I had to choose between the two, having played both, my vote would go to D:OS.

Same. It's not often that I opt to buy a game at full-price, but in this case, it was money well spent. Have enjoyed my time with the game immensely, despite the well known issues with playing it on PC.

Also, call me crazy, I actually do enjoy exploring the world quite a bit. There are a lot of little details and interesting finds tucked away off the beaten path that have been a delight to stumble upon, and have encouraged me to continue checking every corner. It does help that I have fun playing my character in combat - a cold-focused knight enchanter with a penchant for the fade step spell (reminds me of my Vanguard from ME) - so I don't dread every encounter I come across when exploring the world.

Apart from very specific areas (spider caves, certain bear spawns), I haven't been bothered by constant respawns either. Usually, I kill something and it stays dead, allowing me to explore the surrounding area unhindered. Yes, things will respawn if I leave and later return to the area, but once I've thoroughly explored a region, there's typically no reason for me to return.

As to the original topic - DA:I is a darn fun game to play, in my opinion, and definitely deserves due credit. But RPG Game of the Year? I wouldn't go that far. I think that title belongs to D:OS.

Back
Top Bottom