Raven's Cry - Preview @ Fix This Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well you know as they say you have to share both good, and bad news. So here is a negative preview I found on Fix This Game for Raven's Cry this week.

After Assassin’s Creed Black Flag we didn’t get a proper pirate game, and even though that title was an interesting one, it didn’t show the true life of a pirate, it was only a colorful recreation of that world for kids. And while Raven’s Cry tries to be the more mature game here, the reality is that in the end it fails to do so.

Why is that? I have played the game a little while ago at a closed press convention and this brings some lackluster ideas that are brought together in a very bad way. For example the game retains the Reality Pump boring world appeal that was in Two Worlds 2, now with an even lower appeal unfortunately. And if that wasn’t enough, we also have some unrealistic weapons such as the sword pistol. How on Earth can you create a pirate simulation game and come with things like this?
More information.

That's a shallow, meaningless review.

But what did I read? Magic? MAGIC?! For me that's good news. :)

I don't know about "sword-pistols", but pistols in those times were sometimes fitted with bayonette-like attachments.

As an aside, has anyone else played Pirates of the Western Sea? I'm still dreaming of an isometric, turn-based pirate, pirate RPG, with a party of pirates, trade and quests.

Last edited:
This guy is either lazy or ignorant. A simple Google search of 'sword pistol' reveals a Wiki article detailing sword pistol history. Also, there are tons of images of same on Google. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword
Sword pistols were not exactly an uncommon item during the 17th and 18th century. Whether they were practical is up for debate.

Not doing such basic research before posting a review makes his whole review suspect.

Just a quickie from me.
a pirate simulation game
Raven's Cry is strictly RPG.
It is not pirate simulation game.

Whoever seeks a pirate simulation game came to the wrong address. And because of that, there is no way I'd go read the whole article that missed a point completely.

There isn't much more in it anyway (except MAGIC). You don't miss a thing for sure.

Back
Top Bottom