Aliens: Crucible - Plot & Cancellation Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian's Chris Avellone sent information by e-mail for a new video this week on YouTube that talks about the canceled Aliens: Crucible RPG, and shares some plot details.

Aliens: Crucible (Developed by Obsidian Games) in Games We Never Knew. I spoke with the Creative Director of AC, Chris Avellone and got some of his feedback around the cancellation.
More information.

Last edited:
Depressing...I was really very expectant to see this game finished. At the time, I remember being especially thrilled at the thought of a "horror/sci-fi rpg" and to have it developed by Obsidian, was like a dream come true.

I really hope that rumor about it being canceled to make way for "Aliens: Colonial Marines" isn't true, that would be pouring salts into the wounds. :'(

Obsidian's Chris Avellone did another video interview this week on YouTube to talk about the canceled Aliens: Crucible RPG, and shares some new plot details.

That makes it sound like we were going to be seeing an interview with Chris Avellone, but he's not in the video at all.

From what I understand the interview was done via e-mail.

With Alien: Isolation doing so well (and DA:I) - hopefully further down the line an Alien RPG may come back onto the drawing board :0)

I enjoyed the Aliens franchise as much as the next guy, but why does it seem to be such an obsession with Brits? Back in the mid-90's I visited London and got 'evacuated' by colonial marines at some sound stage near Piccadilly Circus. It was kinda cool, but folks were just going batshit over there for this attraction…

I enjoyed the Aliens franchise as much as the next guy, but why does it seem to be such an obsession with Brits? Back in the mid-90's I visited London and got 'evacuated' by colonial marines at some sound stage near Piccadilly Circus. It was kinda cool, but folks were just going batshit over there for this attraction…

Might have something to do with Ridley Scott creating the thing.

Back
Top Bottom